• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay Co

Thanks everyone for the pictures and recommendations.

I think I’ll go ahead and get a bag of the leafy green hay and buy another bag of the stalky stuff when that’s ready too :)
Now just to find a space to store 2 huge bags of hay and well as food and Fitch bedding :roll: I need an extension [emoji38]
Yep that's the challenge... [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I was lucky as I think I got one of the last bags of Timothy before they ran out and it's been just enough to tide me over.

I decided to give their oat hay a whirl last week. Sadly they've turned their noses up at it. Surprising really as they like the Burns green oat. So I made another order for Ings this morning which is their usual main alternate to the Timothy.

I only live in a small flat I haven't got room for all these big bags of hay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was lucky as I think I got one of the last bags of Timothy before they ran out and it's been just enough to tide me over.

I decided to give their oat hay a whirl last week. Sadly they've turned their noses up at it. Surprising really as they like the Burns green oat. So I made another order for Ings this morning which is their usual main alternate to the Timothy.

I only live in a small flat I haven't got room for all these big bags of hay!

What you need to do is throw out your sofa and use them as bean bags.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I received the new batch of Timothy hay today, my bunny loves it and I would recommend.

I also emailed Janice, the lady at the company, a link to this thread when I was enquiring about the hay, to show her how much we love the hay. She said;

‘Thanks to the lovely people on the forum and of course their animals.’

I received the new batch of Timothy hay today, my bunny loves it and I would recommend.

I also emailed Janice, the lady at the company, a link to this thread when I was enquiring about the hay, to show her how much we love the hay. She said;

‘Thanks to the lovely people on the forum and of course their animals.’

It's going down well here too. My rabbits have hardly stopped eating it all day.

Meant to get this up yesterday but didn't get a chance :(
Not sure the picture shows it very well but it is very green. The buns went mad for it. I'm sure they had more hay yesterday than they'd had all week :lol: Pixel was a bit off yesterday and started to get me a bit worred - should have seen his little face light up when he saw this :love:

2db0zd3.jpg

It's going down well here too. My rabbits have hardly stopped eating it all day.
^ This :lol:
It's not stalky (obviously as it's first cut) but it doesn't seem to bother them. They haven't stopped eating it :lol: Some even turned down their fibafirst this morning as they'd had so much :lol:

I have a strange image in my head of you nibbling to test hay........

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
You know you joke, but the first time I picked and dried nettles I tried one first to make sure the sting was out... :oops:

Last edited:
Maple has been naughty. I made her a card board box with a hole for feeding in the front to prevent the previous hay being pooped on!!

2d713b2fb65b90ddb2b0371c09ce626c.jpg

The hay is being enjoyed although this batch is making me wheezy. Bring on the stalks

Yes nom approved

Yay, well done Toby :thumb:

I'm starting to wonder whether it is the actual taste of all of this timothy hay that the rabbits like so much, rather than the fact that it is usually stalky :? The rabbit shed is smelling absolutely wonderful atm :D

I'm starting to wonder whether it is the actual taste of all of this timothy hay that the rabbits like so much, rather than the fact that it is usually stalky :? The rabbit shed is smelling absolutely wonderful atm :D
Well a few days in I can safely say this is the best batch of hay we've had for a very long time. They all love it and Snowflake keeps coming up to me and asking for more. I can't keep up with her. When I first bought timothyhay.co.uk hay they barely wasted a single strand. It would all go. Gradually they've started to leave more and more, which I assumed was just them getting a little bored with it, but with this batch every strand of hay is going. I can barely keep up, I'm not used to them eating so much of it! We're certainly going through it quickly but I couldn't be happier as it means they're eating lots of hay which hopefully will keep them healthy.
With the stalkier batches they've always gone for the long stalks so I assumed they liked it long (which I do think is true in itself) but I would honestly say they prefer this batch! Probably because it's so green.
I've just bought two more bags as I'm worried about them running out of first cut now that they love it so much :lol: Hopefully they'll still have some in stock! I may have to try to stock up with a few more as and when I can afford it.
Going to be in trouble if the house move happens too soon (still haven't got a date finalized) as at this rate we're also going to be moving several bags of hay!

It's quite the opposite here. They seem to not eat as much where as when I have stalks Toby really stuffs his face. Luckily the oat hay is quite long and stalky. Maybe we can do a bag swap when the stalky stuff comes out

I ordered some last night having heard so much tal about how wonderful it is. Boo certainly deserves it

I ordered some last night having heard so much tal about how wonderful it is. Boo certainly deserves it

I'll be interested in your rabbits' views on it. It's still being eaten very enthusiastically here. As I remarked earlier, they are taking mouthfuls at a time in a similar way to how they eat freshly cut grass. This means that they are consuming more for a given period of time, as with the stalky they were selectively taking pieces. I do also think the boredom factor plays a part here and so getting them to be happy with a variety of different types I think is a good strategy.

Tethra in particular is definitely very keen. With Tui it's difficult to judge as she tends to eat anything regardless and a lot of it as well. She did get extremely excited yesterday though with her first taste of Rose petals :)

"I'm worth it" says Boo. [emoji38]

Well my buns are happy now that the Ings hay is back on the menu. I still can't believe they don't like the green oat. It's lovely and green and smells wonderful. I'll carry on mixing bits of it in with the Timothy and Ings. By the time we eventually get to the bottom of the bag I'm sure that's when they'll decide they like it.

Hey ho. When it comes to hay, better let them have their own way. I might market that as a slogan!

Back