• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay Co

I've been seeing a lot of murmurings on a local facebook group - lots of people complaining that the quality has gone down a lot this year, leading to lots of waste, and their buns are just not eating it. Has anyone here had the same problem?

Our buns have been a little bit less interested in their hay recently, but I put it down to a different hay feeder.
I have only had one bag that was a bit off but that was in the summer I think. I order two bags a month and they really love it. My buns really love the soft hay but I get stalky as well

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I've been seeing a lot of murmurings on a local facebook group - lots of people complaining that the quality has gone down a lot this year, leading to lots of waste, and their buns are just not eating it. Has anyone here had the same problem?

Our buns have been a little bit less interested in their hay recently, but I put it down to a different hay feeder.
I had a new bag of the 2019 stalky timothy arrive this week. Buns have been a bit meh about it. Only Fudgie's really been eating it. I ordered exactly the same one about a month before and they loved it.

They do have three different hays (currently timothy, orchard grass and ings) and they go through cycles of preferring one hay over the others. So it's difficult to know for sure if this batch isn't as good or whether they're not in the timothy hay phase at the moment.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Not had this issue personally, buy loads per month, like 8 bales per month minimum atm... So I hope this won't become a thing [emoji51]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Mine have been tucking in to it as normal, this batch seems just as good as ever :love:

Hows everybun liking stalky 2020. Mine are loving it. Nice green hay & super stalky. They are eating loads

Hows everybun liking stalky 2020. Mine are loving it. Nice green hay & super stalky. They are eating loads
Ooooo we ordered this morning, good to know! :) we always order 2 stalky and 2 soft at a time, but Atticus only gets stalky now, we've found his gut issues are worse with the soft hay weirdly

My order arrived within 48 hours and usually a new bag of hay gets wolfed! they dont seem overly bothered at all, however they are both outside a lot maybe the last time we had a new bag they were not outside as much.

We need a thread where everyone submits a nugget next to a 10p coin and see who is the winner. Then we can submit our findings to FHB who can make pie charts and graphs and publish cpd called "nugget knowledge"

Also we could have most goldeness and most fibreous

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Please where is this thread!

I reckon bunny size must make a difference. Mousey once pooped on the consult table & the vet said she'd never seen such a big bunny poo (& she had a giant). It was my proudest moment

I bet lord Archie & Pip poop like those tiny silver & gold balls used for cake decoration . Mervinus - where are you? Glingle? Mikek? & others with teeeny buns

yup, teeny poops here :)

and Christmas decorations sound like a great idea

Last edited:
Me and Michael just spent a good few mins smelling the new 2020 hay, smells so good[emoji38]

Back