Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 143

Thread: Timothy Hay Co

  1. #11
    Mama Doe loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    I haven't been able to see it come online? Has any one managed to order timothy hay

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

  2. #12
    Mama Doe loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steph2790 View Post
    I’m really interested in the quality of this hay, I don’t mind paying a little more for hay that I think the buns will enjoy more and possibly create less waste from. Sometimes I really struggle to find good quality hay that is actually green and fresh smelling. Would you mind taking some photos of the hay when it arrives?
    Buy it, you won't regret! X

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

  3. #13
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    14,264

    Default

    Oh gosh, they've changed the details on the website already. I ordered some yesterday. I did wonder whether to or whether to wait though as they said that this first cut was not stalky. It's green and very leafy but not mature enough to be stalky. They have just cut the next batch, which will be ready end of June, which is more stalky.
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

    “We cannot go back and change the beginning. But we can start where we are and change the ending”.........C.S. Lewis

  4. #14
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    42,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Oh gosh, they've changed the details on the website already. I ordered some yesterday. I did wonder whether to or whether to wait though as they said that this first cut was not stalky. It's green and very leafy but not mature enough to be stalky. They have just cut the next batch, which will be ready end of June, which is more stalky.

    Just had a peek ... nothing about hay being ready at end of June? Was that an earlier announcement or private message?

    Better order some soon .....
    “If you're your authentic self, you have no competition.”

    Need Info on RHD2?
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...er-2018/page39

  5. #15
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    14,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Just had a peek ... nothing about hay being ready at end of June? Was that an earlier announcement or private message?

    Better order some soon .....
    That was the advice yesterday, when they had some to offer. It was basically to warn people that this first cut is not stalky, but that they'd just cut the next batch that was stalky and which would be available for sale end of June. That advice has now been removed as it appears they've sold all of that first batch! It may also be the case though that, as we've seen with the Oat hay, it becomes available again after a couple of days
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

    “We cannot go back and change the beginning. But we can start where we are and change the ending”.........C.S. Lewis

  6. #16
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    11,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steph2790 View Post
    I’m really interested in the quality of this hay, I don’t mind paying a little more for hay that I think the buns will enjoy more and possibly create less waste from. Sometimes I really struggle to find good quality hay that is actually green and fresh smelling. Would you mind taking some photos of the hay when it arrives?
    this is their oat hay, I don't have any pic of their timothy though

    [IMG][/IMG]

  7. #17
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    14,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    this is their oat hay, I don't have any pic of their timothy though

    [IMG][/IMG]
    That's interesting The last lot of Oat hay I got, which we're using atm, has stems which must be three times as thick as those. It's almost straw-like. Still gets eaten though
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

    “We cannot go back and change the beginning. But we can start where we are and change the ending”.........C.S. Lewis

  8. #18
    Mama Doe loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    If any one spots it up for sale please can you let everyone know! Xx

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

  9. #19
    Mama Doe loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    That's interesting The last lot of Oat hay I got, which we're using atm, has stems which must be three times as thick as those. It's almost straw-like. Still gets eaten though
    Mine looks like straw too. And also still gets eaten

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

  10. #20
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    11,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    That's interesting The last lot of Oat hay I got, which we're using atm, has stems which must be three times as thick as those. It's almost straw-like. Still gets eaten though
    That is quite an old batch...off to check (newly organised) bunny store cupboard...yes the latest one is more stalky.

    Loobers - yes!! Will check regularly & post here (may even PM you )

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •