Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy Hay Co

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Press 1 for foraging, 2 for gardening and 3 for timothy hay bag opening services

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

From memory, there is one side of the bag where the stitches are longer single threads - I have the bag sitting with this side facing me then cut the string off at the right hand side of the bag and pull the cut end towards me. Very satisfying

I’m usually in a hurry to get the bag open, as I’ve got 2 excited bunnies twirling round me I should probably open it before I get into the bunny room

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I’m usually in a hurry to get the bag open, as I’ve got 2 excited bunnies twirling round me I should probably open it before I get into the bunny room
    I think you need to learn to inspire me to learn. I did it by fluke once & it took seconds, much quicker than the jaggedy slash & fish round for nylon shreds. Maybe my bag was upside down. Would that make a difference

This lot despite being the same batch is apparently tastier . When do we get that super soft first cut stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I think it’ll be quicker to pull off the string, literally takes me 2 seconds. Just get hold of the cut end of the single thread and pull

Quote Originally Posted by Casco View Post
    I think it’ll be quicker to pull off the string, literally takes me 2 seconds. Just get hold of the cut end of the single thread and pull
    I’ll try to remember to do that next time

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I think you need to learn to inspire me to learn. I did it by fluke once & it took seconds, much quicker than the jaggedy slash & fish round for nylon shreds. Maybe my bag was upside down. Would that make a difference

This lot despite being the same batch is apparently tastier . When do we get that super soft first cut stuff?
    I've just had to order some more and was wondering whether this year's would be available yet. It isn't. There are two options, the Summer cut which we have been having and which I've re-ordered, or a late Summer cut, which is described as dark green and 'very soft/leafy hay, almost grass like with some brown leaf present and very little stalk or heads'.

The other fact, which I'd not noticed before is that their Oat hay (said to be out of stock) is described as 'particularly low in Calcium and Protein', which I thought might be of interest to those of you looking to feed low Calcium atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I've just had to order some more and was wondering whether this year's would be available yet. It isn't. There are two options, the Summer cut which we have been having and which I've re-ordered, or a late Summer cut, which is described as dark green and 'very soft/leafy hay, almost grass like with some brown leaf present and very little stalk or heads'.

The other fact, which I'd not noticed before is that their Oat hay (said to be out of stock) is described as 'particularly low in Calcium and Protein', which I thought might be of interest to those of you looking to feed low Calcium atm.
    Ours are loving that soft hay, we've been buying both recently we normally do 4 bags every two weeks, so been doing 2 soft and 2 normal - the soft hay is being eaten so so quickly I think they just like the change though because when they get the super stalky stuff in they go mad for that too oat is a huge hit here too, good to know it's low calcium, I didn't know that!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Ours are loving that soft hay, we've been buying both recently we normally do 4 bags every two weeks, so been doing 2 soft and 2 normal - the soft hay is being eaten so so quickly I think they just like the change though because when they get the super stalky stuff in they go mad for that too oat is a huge hit here too, good to know it's low calcium, I didn't know that!

2 bags a week! I thought our hay bill was expensive.

Mine currently have stalky & the soft green - I think they are going down equally well but not sure

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    2 bags a week! I thought our hay bill was expensive.

Mine currently have stalky & the soft green - I think they are going down equally well but not sure
    Is that a lot for 4 buns? D: we give hay every evening a massive pile, but 24 hours later its almost gone... They also have hay in their cages to sleep on, wear, tunnel in etc as like a soft base.