• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay Co

Thanks very much Graciee, and apologies for the delay. Rather stressed right now!

I switched to 80% orchard, which was very silly, so thank you for telling me to switch it up more. Things have got much better since

Thank you x x x

This is a really hard thing to explain as we always aim for nice big golden poo's but bunnies fed alot of fresh grass are often smaller and darker so perhaps as its orchard grass this attributes?

2 sacks of 2019 batch arrived yesterday, bunnies didn't appear majorly enthusiastic but I gasped in delight seeing the huge golden balls J&B made me overnight:lol:

2 sacks of 2019 batch arrived yesterday, bunnies didn't appear majorly enthusiastic but I gasped in delight seeing the huge golden balls J&B made me overnight:lol:

Mine arrived yesterday too, but I didn't change their litter trays until this morning. Tethra could obviously smell it and jumped into the shed litter tray as I was filling it up, so I take that as enthusiasm. Tui was at that point just frantic to get away from the scary white bag, but they've both been tucking in since. Too soon to observe any noticeable digestive improvements, but I'm hopeful. There was a clear deterioration in poop quality with the Orchard hay and for many reasons I don't think we'll get that again.

I never thought I'd feel left out in poop conversations! :lol:

I really miss getting excited about a new lovely hay delivery. For those interested, since losing Sonic, my need to look after something has turned to plants... but they don't poop OR need hay!

Mine arrived yesterday too, but I didn't change their litter trays until this morning. Tethra could obviously smell it and jumped into the shed litter tray as I was filling it up, so I take that as enthusiasm. Tui was at that point just frantic to get away from the scary white bag, but they've both been tucking in since. Too soon to observe any noticeable digestive improvements, but I'm hopeful. There was a clear deterioration in poop quality with the Orchard hay and for many reasons I don't think we'll get that again.

Ooo interested to hear your thoughts on the poop quality and orchard hay?

Mine all go nutty for it.. But I have noticed less golden poops when they have it.. I've no idea why though!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I never thought I'd feel left out in poop conversations! [emoji38]

I really miss getting excited about a new lovely hay delivery. For those interested, since losing Sonic, my need to look after something has turned to plants... but they don't poop OR need hay!

Ohhh don't! Before I got the buns I lived in flats so basically had an indoor jungle [emoji51] I have so so so many house plants [emoji51] I've lost a few since moving into my parents place, they didn't really have space for them all so some suffered... And my 27 year old bonsai may have just kicked the bucket [emoji51] it's all out of sync, my dad poured some random plant food on it in its dormant period, and it's been out of wack since and now I think it's died [emoji24] haven't given up hope yet.. But starting to. There's so many plants on my list but I can't get them til I move and it's killing me [emoji38] been propogating some fallen succulent leaves from the floor in b and q though, which is fun :D

Ooo interested to hear your thoughts on the poop quality and orchard hay?

Mine all go nutty for it.. But I have noticed less golden poops when they have it.. I've no idea why though!

I don't understand why either :) It didn't appear that they ate any less of it. I've noticed that poop is darker if they've had lots of fresh grass and Orchard hay is very green, so maybe that's got something to do with it (clutching at straws here :lol:).

Main reason I'll be happy not to get any more Orchard, though, is that it clumps together much more easily and makes it much easier for Tui to turf it all out of the litter tray, which she's been doing at least once a day ever since we've had it :lol:

Mine really love the 2019 batch, it's even overtaken the ings in popularity. I have to agree, they've been producing very impressive bum boulders on it!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

My buns fave is still the 2018 soft hay followed by stalky 2019 then Oat Hay. Hay cookies however they are eating one each a day

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hows their poop now Omi

Joey & Boo's

fm4cRmMl.jpg

this is what I love about RU - you can show off your bunnies poop & no tumbleweed...quite the opposite.

Think I've given Rudey & Mouse an inferiority complex though - theirs are not so exemplary

this is what I love about RU - you can show off your bunnies poop & no tumbleweed...quite the opposite.

Think I've given Rudey & Mouse an inferiority complex though - theirs are not so exemplary
We should have bum nugget competitions on here [emoji38]

I've only got Atticus atm who's producing anything noteworthy though! [emoji849]

Back