• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay Co

I opened a sack properly today Omi. Felt really proud of myself.

I meant to post, that thanks to the instructions on here I managed to open mine last week too. So much better not having frayed bits of cut plastic :thumb:

I just bought their oat hay to try. The buns have had it since Sunday and they are not impressed at all. Pretty much ignored it.

Typical really because their normal oat hay I buy they absolutely love.

Anyone else's buns like their oat hay?

I just bought their oat hay to try. The buns have had it since Sunday and they are not impressed at all. Pretty much ignored it.

Mine love the oat hay [emoji51] and the orchard hay.. My buns seem to love all hays I've given them though, maybe they aren't fussy [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi Graciee,

I must PM you soon about the boarders, but wanted to thank you again for the Orchard hay. They now love it. Will send you a pic xxxx

Hi Graciee,

I must PM you soon about the boarders, but wanted to thank you again for the Orchard hay. They now love it. Will send you a pic xxxx

Ahh I'm so glad they love it :D no rush and I look forward to pics :) xxx

Better that, than being fussy?!
Definitely! [emoji38] I think I've been lucky really, I seem to have got 4 extremely greedy buns and they are all great hay eaters. Tbh I've never tried them on cheaper hays or pets at homes stuff, if I run out there's only two brands of the smaller bagged stuff I buy, so never seen how they react to other stuff tbh!

If it's any consolation mine didn't like the oat hay either. Wasn't even good enough to pee on! I thought it was going to be a sure fire hit as they loved the Burns oat hay.

Blooming bunnies. You can never rest on your laurels with them...

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

If it's any consolation mine didn't like the oat hay either. Wasn't even good enough to pee on! I thought it was going to be a sure fire hit as they loved the Burns oat hay.

Blooming bunnies. You can never rest on your laurels with them...

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Ah interesting. It's the burns hay mine usually love. Well my buns are very fussy when it comes to hay. They don't like change much, so going to keep giving it until they like it. Hahahaha.

Any new food takes them days to try.

Ah interesting. It's the burns hay mine usually love. Well my buns are very fussy when it comes to hay. They don't like change much, so going to keep giving it until they like it. Hahahaha.

Any new food takes them days to try.

Same here, my buns love the burns oat hay, but not the Timothy hay variety

I was sure that even though my own buns won’t touch the oat hay, that my fosters would eat it....nope :(

Although not instantly enthusiastic all mine now love the orchard hay best - typical they choose the most expensive bag with least in. We are a stalky free house for the first time in years

Although not instantly enthusiastic all mine now love the orchard hay best - typical they choose the most expensive bag with least in. We are a stalky free house for the first time in years

Same here :) And is it just my impolite Tethra, or do you also find that their hay-eating method has changed with the Orchard Hay. He takes large mouthfuls, rather than individual stems. This is similar to how he eats cut grass :)

Same here :) And is it just my impolite Tethra, or do you also find that their hay-eating method has changed with the Orchard Hay. He takes large mouthfuls, rather than individual stems. This is similar to how he eats cut grass :)

Yep, they proper fold in big mouthfuls :lol: more time for snoozing & preening that way. Poo quality is good so I'm happy

Yep, they proper fold in big mouthfuls [emoji38] more time for snoozing & preening that way. Poo quality is good so I'm happy

Yep!

Mine all shovel it in, it's funny to watch [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Maybe I'll try the orchard hay next time then. They are finally eating the oat hay, but leaving lots of stalky bits they don't like. Humph

So I got a massive bag of the Orchard hay, as they liked the sample that Graciee sent (thank you)

Unfortunately my Winnie’s poos are darker and smaller now (she’s 11 months)... could anyone advise? I’m wondering whether to go back to Timothy.

So I got a massive bag of the Orchard hay, as they liked the sample that Graciee sent (thank you)

Unfortunately my Winnie’s poos are darker and smaller now (she’s 11 months)... could anyone advise? I’m wondering whether to go back to Timothy.

Oh no :( have you just switched to just the orchard hay then? Personally I wouldn't just switch up the hay, I feed a mixture of the two and oat hay aswell here. Could you give timothy hay aswell?

Will also say, is she moulting? Clementine is producing lots of poops strung together with fur and is moulting like crazy [emoji51] and Apricot had a recent stasis episode because she was moulting [emoji51] seems to be the time of year for it!

Back