• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay Co

From memory, there is one side of the bag where the stitches are longer single threads - I have the bag sitting with this side facing me then cut the string off at the right hand side of the bag and pull the cut end towards me. Very satisfying :lol:

I’m usually in a hurry to get the bag open, as I’ve got 2 excited bunnies twirling round me :lol: I should probably open it before I get into the bunny room :lol:

I’m usually in a hurry to get the bag open, as I’ve got 2 excited bunnies twirling round me :lol: I should probably open it before I get into the bunny room :lol:

I think you need to learn to inspire me to learn. I did it by fluke once & it took seconds, much quicker than the jaggedy slash & fish round for nylon shreds. Maybe my bag was upside down. Would that make a difference

This lot despite being the same batch is apparently tastier . When do we get that super soft first cut stuff?

I think it’ll be quicker to pull off the string, literally takes me 2 seconds. Just get hold of the cut end of the single thread and pull :D

I think you need to learn to inspire me to learn. I did it by fluke once & it took seconds, much quicker than the jaggedy slash & fish round for nylon shreds. Maybe my bag was upside down. Would that make a difference

This lot despite being the same batch is apparently tastier . When do we get that super soft first cut stuff?

I've just had to order some more and was wondering whether this year's would be available yet. It isn't. There are two options, the Summer cut which we have been having and which I've re-ordered, or a late Summer cut, which is described as dark green and 'very soft/leafy hay, almost grass like with some brown leaf present and very little stalk or heads'.

The other fact, which I'd not noticed before is that their Oat hay (said to be out of stock) is described as 'particularly low in Calcium and Protein', which I thought might be of interest to those of you looking to feed low Calcium atm.

I've just had to order some more and was wondering whether this year's would be available yet. It isn't. There are two options, the Summer cut which we have been having and which I've re-ordered, or a late Summer cut, which is described as dark green and 'very soft/leafy hay, almost grass like with some brown leaf present and very little stalk or heads'.

The other fact, which I'd not noticed before is that their Oat hay (said to be out of stock) is described as 'particularly low in Calcium and Protein', which I thought might be of interest to those of you looking to feed low Calcium atm.
Ours are loving that soft hay, we've been buying both recently we normally do 4 bags every two weeks, so been doing 2 soft and 2 normal - the soft hay is being eaten so so quickly [emoji38][emoji38] I think they just like the change though because when they get the super stalky stuff in they go mad for that too [emoji38] oat is a huge hit here too, good to know it's low calcium, I didn't know that! :D

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ours are loving that soft hay, we've been buying both recently we normally do 4 bags every two weeks, so been doing 2 soft and 2 normal - the soft hay is being eaten so so quickly [emoji38][emoji38] I think they just like the change though because when they get the super stalky stuff in they go mad for that too [emoji38] oat is a huge hit here too, good to know it's low calcium, I didn't know that! :D

2 bags a week! I thought our hay bill was expensive.

Mine currently have stalky & the soft green - I think they are going down equally well but not sure

2 bags a week! I thought our hay bill was expensive.

Mine currently have stalky & the soft green - I think they are going down equally well but not sure
Is that a lot for 4 buns? D: we give hay every evening a massive pile, but 24 hours later its almost gone... [emoji38] They also have hay in their cages to sleep on, wear, tunnel in etc as like a soft base.

Is that a lot for 4 buns? D: we give hay every evening a massive pile, but 24 hours later its almost gone... [emoji38] They also have hay in their cages to sleep on, wear, tunnel in etc as like a soft base.

I'm sure its a lovely amount for 4 buns, nobun is ever going to criticise overfeeding hay as theres no such thing.

I'm sure its a lovely amount for 4 buns, nobun is ever going to criticise overfeeding hay as theres no such thing.
True, didn't know if I was over doing it tho [emoji38] there's not much if any really wasted, they all seem to eat a load of hay per day, way more than I expected tbh, especially the white buns, but then they're very large [emoji38] I only feed Timothyhay.co.uk hays, we have a bag of excel long stem hay and the alfalfa king (Timothy hay) in the garage for emergencies, but I don't bother with any of the smaller bagged stuff anymore tbh :) I guess also they're on mainly a hay only diet, Clementine is having fresh grown stuff now as she's alone and for moisture, the white buns get a mix of fresh and dried forage, Atticus just hay [emoji38] so maybe the fact the hay is mostly all they have until someone's home may explain it? Idek!

I bought a couple of bags of the soft hay last time and my rabbits won’t eat it :roll: it’s nice and soft for their litter tray though lol

I get all three types once a month. They get lots of hay scattered twice a day. They are really loving the soft one

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

For those who find opening the bags difficult :) I'm actually hoping that you've all discovered how to do it, but if not...

Concentrate on the end where the ends are shorter. Cut it off and also cut the first stitch in the line of stiching. The thread on the line of single, rather than the 'sort of chain stitch' side will pull the whole seam undone :)

Still no 2019 crop Timothy hay

Anyone else wondering why it’s so late this year :?

You could email them and ask. They are very willing to answer email queries and are usually very speedy.

I agree it is later than last year. We've harvested the small amount we do here and the hay farmer across the road cut his hay about 4 weeks ago.

They are also still selling 2018 Timothy and 2017 Oat (sometimes). I'm going to give the Orchard grass a try, when I order in a couple of days time.

For those who find opening the bags difficult :) I'm actually hoping that you've all discovered how to do it, but if not...

Concentrate on the end where the ends are shorter. Cut it off and also cut the first stitch in the line of stiching. The thread on the line of single, rather than the 'sort of chain stitch' side will pull the whole seam undone :)

I opened a sack properly today Omi. Felt really proud of myself.

Back