• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay Co

My batch of Timothy ran out last week but I’m holding off from ordering any more for the time being. I’ve noticed my buns haven’t been as enthusiastic about it as usual lately. But they have really been gobbling the ings hay.

So, I have an inkling that at the moment their preference is for softer hays. I ordered the sweet green and meadow hays from Nature’s Own, just so they can have some variety. They arrived today and so far have been going down well.

Just goes to show that you’re never home and dry when it comes to hay. If you find one they really like, they can wake up one morning and decide it’s inedible poison. At one point they absolutely loved the timothy and were a bit “meh” about the ings, so I’m sure the pendulum will swing back the other way in the not too distant future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody ever imagine a world without timothy.hay.co.uk ? What would your next choice be?
I have no idea! I've never tried ings hay or anything. Or dust free. Bit confused about what is what actually

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Does anybody ever imagine a world without timothy.hay.co.uk ? What would your next choice be?

Natures own :love: both Frosty and Fern love the sweet green hay and the 5 a day hay. And the sweet green herb mixes and 5 a day and other flower mixes :love:

Frosty wouldn’t even entertain the ings hay, he sniffed it and left it :lol:

I just opened a new bag of stalk and it's extremely stalk long and crunchy. I made OH get out of bed to witness how long one piece of hay was - it was nearly 60cm. I tried to give Maple and Dennis one end each so they could recreate the scene from the Lady and the Tramp. It's just the bested hay isn't it. I have nightmares where they shut up business

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

fab, thank you. I'd ordered anyway but always like to know others verdict
Yea we've been buying two of one type then two of the other, think it was stalky and soft.. But when it changed we just did 2 of each as per and they've all gone mad for the new stuff [emoji38]

all excited now. I just got usual super stalky & one of the new batch but if they love it I'll get an 18k of the softer as I think it ran out quickly last year

I need to order some more during next week. I notice that they are now differentiating between the two as 'thin-stemmed' and 'thick-stemmed', but both still described as stalky.

I think mine will probably like either, as they have been having the very stalky recently, but a few months ago had the one described as less stalk

You will need to report their reaction.

I need to order some more during next week. I notice that they are now differentiating between the two as 'thin-stemmed' and 'thick-stemmed', but both still described as stalky.

I think mine will probably like either, as they have been having the very stalky recently, but a few months ago had the one described as less stalk

You will need to report their reaction.

Its going down fine...doesn't actually seem so different (unless I opened wrong bag)

Two new additions to the timothyhay.co.uk fan club :lol:

We now have 9kg of the stalky and they have not stopped munching for the last hour. I can say this is their favriot and we will not be going back to hay and straw again :lol:

Has any one ordered the oat hay? What do your buns think of it?

Two new additions to the timothyhay.co.uk fan club [emoji38]

We now have 9kg of the stalky and they have not stopped munching for the last hour. I can say this is their favriot and we will not be going back to hay and straw again [emoji38]

Has any one ordered the oat hay? What do your buns think of it?
Is it back in stock? :eek:

Oat hay is loved just as much here!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Iv been looking since just after my last order from hay and straw so about 6 weeks and in that time Iv not found the website to say it was unavalible.

Thanks Graciee. Harlequin and Beauty have not tried oat before. I think I will order and give it a go tho. The worst it can be is litter tray hay although that gets munched to :D

It’s hay time with water breaks at the moment I’m wondering if they will even want their pellets :lol:

Iv been looking since just after my last order from hay and straw so about 6 weeks and in that time Iv not found the website to say it was unavalible.

Thanks Graciee. Harlequin and Beauty have not tried oat before. I think I will order and give it a go tho. The worst it can be is litter tray hay although that gets munched to :D

It’s hay time with water breaks at the moment I’m wondering if they will even want their pellets :lol:

I’ve not tried my bunnies with their oat hay, but if you email them I’m sure they would send you a sample:thumb:

I’ve not tried my bunnies with their oat hay, but if you email them I’m sure they would send you a sample:thumb:

When I asked about samples of the Timothy it took almost 6 weeks to come out :lol:
Iv got to pick up a bag from pets at home tomorow and if they are even remotely intrested I’ll order from timothyhay. Was nicely surprised at how quickly it came.

Are the bags it comes in from timothyhay breathable?

When I asked about samples of the Timothy it took almost 6 weeks to come out [emoji38]
Iv got to pick up a bag from pets at home tomorow and if they are even remotely intrested I’ll order from timothyhay. Was nicely surprised at how quickly it came.

Are the bags it comes in from timothyhay breathable?
Yea they are :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Now I won’t have to put up with boxes crumbling on me and hay attaching itself to the outside of duvet covers :lol:

This hay is so easy to handle without bits dropping all over the place. It’s like the dream of all hays for buns and owners :D

Just placed an order but they seem to have run out of the non stalkly hay. Never ordered the stalky version before so we’ll see how this one goes down.

I really hope they don’t run out of hay anytime soon or I’m buggered.

If i remember rightly they didn’t make the first cut until May last year and that was early for them.

A 9kg bag used to last a month with 4 buns but now I’ve got 5 it’s gone down to only lasting 3 weeks tops.

They just love the stuff and the trio scoff it like it’s on offer :roll: I wish it was :lol:

Back