Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Timothy Hay Co

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

My batch of Timothy ran out last week but I’m holding off from ordering any more for the time being. I’ve noticed my buns haven’t been as enthusiastic about it as usual lately. But they have really been gobbling the ings hay.

So, I have an inkling that at the moment their preference is for softer hays. I ordered the sweet green and meadow hays from Nature’s Own, just so they can have some variety. They arrived today and so far have been going down well.

Just goes to show that you’re never home and dry when it comes to hay. If you find one they really like, they can wake up one morning and decide it’s inedible poison. At one point they absolutely loved the timothy and were a bit “meh” about the ings, so I’m sure the pendulum will swing back the other way in the not too distant future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Does anybody ever imagine a world without timothy.hay.co.uk ? What would your next choice be?
    I have no idea! I've never tried ings hay or anything. Or dust free. Bit confused about what is what actually

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

Does anybody ever imagine a world without timothy.hay.co.uk ? What would your next choice be?
    Natures own both Frosty and Fern love the sweet green hay and the 5 a day hay. And the sweet green herb mixes and 5 a day and other flower mixes

Frosty wouldn’t even entertain the ings hay, he sniffed it and left it

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

I just opened a new bag of stalk and it's extremely stalk long and crunchy. I made OH get out of bed to witness how long one piece of hay was - it was nearly 60cm. I tried to give Maple and Dennis one end each so they could recreate the scene from the Lady and the Tramp. It's just the bested hay isn't it. I have nightmares where they shut up business

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

Has anybun tried the 2018 new batch of less stalky/

Has anybun tried the 2018 new batch of less stalky/
    Yep, they all love it

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Yep, they all love it
    fab, thank you. I'd ordered anyway but always like to know others verdict

fab, thank you. I'd ordered anyway but always like to know others verdict
    Yea we've been buying two of one type then two of the other, think it was stalky and soft.. But when it changed we just did 2 of each as per and they've all gone mad for the new stuff

all excited now. I just got usual super stalky & one of the new batch but if they love it I'll get an 18k of the softer as I think it ran out quickly last year

Wise Old Thumper

I need to order some more during next week. I notice that they are now differentiating between the two as 'thin-stemmed' and 'thick-stemmed', but both still described as stalky.

I think mine will probably like either, as they have been having the very stalky recently, but a few months ago had the one described as less stalk

You will need to report their reaction.
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

“We cannot go back and change the beginning. But we can start where we are and change the ending”.........C.S. Lewis