Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy Hay Co

Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Ah interesting. It's the burns hay mine usually love. Well my buns are very fussy when it comes to hay. They don't like change much, so going to keep giving it until they like it. Hahahaha.

Any new food takes them days to try.
    Same here, my buns love the burns oat hay, but not the Timothy hay variety

I was sure that even though my own buns won’t touch the oat hay, that my fosters would eat it....nope

Quote Originally Posted by TheBee View Post
    I was sure that even though my own buns won’t touch the oat hay, that my fosters would eat it....nope
    Ah poop. Maybe they won't eat it. What to do with a huge bag of unwanted hay!!

Although not instantly enthusiastic all mine now love the orchard hay best - typical they choose the most expensive bag with least in. We are a stalky free house for the first time in years

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Although not instantly enthusiastic all mine now love the orchard hay best - typical they choose the most expensive bag with least in. We are a stalky free house for the first time in years
    Same here And is it just my impolite Tethra, or do you also find that their hay-eating method has changed with the Orchard Hay. He takes large mouthfuls, rather than individual stems. This is similar to how he eats cut grass

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Same here And is it just my impolite Tethra, or do you also find that their hay-eating method has changed with the Orchard Hay. He takes large mouthfuls, rather than individual stems. This is similar to how he eats cut grass
    Yep, they proper fold in big mouthfuls more time for snoozing & preening that way. Poo quality is good so I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Yep, they proper fold in big mouthfuls more time for snoozing & preening that way. Poo quality is good so I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Yep!

Mine all shovel it in, it's funny to watch

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Maybe I'll try the orchard hay next time then. They are finally eating the oat hay, but leaving lots of stalky bits they don't like. Humph

So I got a massive bag of the Orchard hay, as they liked the sample that Graciee sent (thank you)

Unfortunately my Winnie’s poos are darker and smaller now (she’s 11 months)... could anyone advise? I’m wondering whether to go back to Timothy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzag View Post
    So I got a massive bag of the Orchard hay, as they liked the sample that Graciee sent (thank you)

Unfortunately my Winnie’s poos are darker and smaller now (she’s 11 months)... could anyone advise? I’m wondering whether to go back to Timothy.
    Oh no have you just switched to just the orchard hay then? Personally I wouldn't just switch up the hay, I feed a mixture of the two and oat hay aswell here. Could you give timothy hay aswell?

Will also say, is she moulting? Clementine is producing lots of poops strung together with fur and is moulting like crazy and Apricot had a recent stasis episode because she was moulting seems to be the time of year for it!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk