• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay Co

Too much choice for me now: oaty, first cut, first cut extra stalky with seed heads, second cut. I wish I had room & funds to buy a big sack of each(although as I recall that would 8?

It can't be long before they start selling 2018 Oat hay too :lol:

Second cut stalky will be available end of next week. They do have a few bales of stalkier, with seed heads, first cut available. To order this you need to request it in the notes box on the order page.

Thank yoooouuu!! :thumb:

I had to buy some to try for my bunnies and they love it! So much less waste than the Ings hay from another company, which I thought was their favourite (which sadly I ordered another load at the same time). Now I'm debating whether to try the next batch of stalky hay too!

You are joking. ....I literally made a order yesterday and it didn't say it. I must of just missed it!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

So sorry for the late update on the hay i ordered. I purchased a £22 bag of the first cut approx 4 weeks ago and it’s only just run out. It’s fed 4 buns very generously and they’ve absolutely loved every strand of it. We have another batch of the slalky due to be delivered tomorrow and I don’t know who’s more excited me or the buns :lol:

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I will only buy from timothyhay.co.uk now as I’ve never seen the buns eat so much hay before plus price wise it’s excellent value given the quality. Not having to run around shops for the greenest stuff we can find in silly quantities is a bonus too.

Here’s some pictures of the hay and my buns tucking in :love:

Here it is compared to the previous hay we were buying (in the feeder) believe it or not this stuff was actually quite ‘green’ compared to some others you see in pet shops/supermarkets

Wasn’t quite prepared for how big the bag was going to be :shock: it’s huge!

The girls and boys dived straight in!

So sorry for the late update on the hay i ordered. I purchased a £22 bag of the first cut approx 4 weeks ago and it’s only just run out. It’s fed 4 buns very generously and they’ve absolutely loved every strand of it. We have another batch of the slalky due to be delivered tomorrow and I don’t know who’s more excited me or the buns [emoji38]

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I will only buy from timothyhay.co.uk now as I’ve never seen the buns eat so much hay before plus price wise it’s excellent value given the quality. Not having to run around shops for the greenest stuff we can find in silly quantities is a bonus too.

Here it is compared to the previous hay we were buying (in the feeder) believe it or not this stuff was actually quite ‘green’ compared to some others you see in pet shops/supermarkets

I'm really glad they liked it. It's such lovely stuff!

So sorry for the late update on the hay i ordered. I purchased a £22 bag of the first cut approx 4 weeks ago and it’s only just run out. It’s fed 4 buns very generously and they’ve absolutely loved every strand of it. We have another batch of the slalky due to be delivered tomorrow and I don’t know who’s more excited me or the buns :lol:

Cute photos Steph!

I thought you only had the two dutchies until I scrolled down to the loppy lop xx

When I wored in drug & alcohol services my clients told me that nothing triggered them to want to use as seeing a related image. Well it transpires I'm exactly the same but with timothy hay ! The moment a thread starts or is updated I'm itching to buy more. The craving intensifies considerably if cute bunnies are included in the thread. Aghhh

Cute photos Steph!

I thought you only had the two dutchies until I scrolled down to the loppy lop xx

Lol! Thank you :) 3 Dutches (black, grey and brown) and 1 lop. Living in two bonded pairs. I wish I could collect all variants of ‘rabbit’ - wait does that mean I have problems? :lol:

Lol! Thank you :) 3 Dutches (black, grey and brown) and 1 lop. Living in two bonded pairs. I wish I could collect all variants of ‘rabbit’ - wait does that mean I have problems? :lol:

Oh no, not another one like me ... 'multiple rabbit syndrome' :lol::wave:

Ok so stalky has arrived and bunnies now going mad for the old soft hay!

Ok so stalky has arrived and bunnies now going mad for the old soft hay!

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Always the way, isn't it!

Mine are all loving the softer stuff tbh, they all get oat hay too which is stalky and ings which is also soft, think they like the range of textures honestly, been buying the softer first cut stuff for now as I figure it'll run out then we'll be back to stalky again :D

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Never seen poops so good from my lot! Brilliant and big and light coloured. They seem to be enjoying the stalky but my gosh it looks like hard work chomping away on strands bigger than them :lol:

Was quite surprised to see the bag is a lot smaller than the leafy non stalky stuff but it’s loads heavier and compact in the bag.

Might also stock up on the leafy stuff like yourself Graciee to give them abit of a mixture and their jaws a little rest lol

three choices, its too much. Opted for stalky this time, wish I could have ordered all three. What do your rabbits reckon to 2018 stalky?

three choices, its too much. Opted for stalky this time, wish I could have ordered all three. What do your rabbits reckon to 2018 stalky?

Mine like the stalky, but they liked the leafy one as well:) The stalky is very stalky, much more so than what I remember from last year. Also not so easy for little footsies to drag out of litter trays;)

Ugh d'ya know when I was newly married I vowed not to become a housewife, only able to discuss the price of groceries. Can't believe I've ended up discussing the stalkiness of rabbit hay :lol:

Back