• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay Co

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
If anyone's waiting for this, I've just noticed on their website that 2018 Timothy Hay should be available from 9 June :D

If anyone's waiting for this, I've just noticed on their website that 2018 Timothy Hay should be available from 9 June :D
Oooo thanks :D yes I am - buns are eating just oat and ings now - no complaints tho [emoji14]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I saw this last night; I've got the tab open waiting to press the buy button :lol: My lot ran out of the timothy hay about a week and a half ago and have been on the oat hay instead. Sadly although they absolutely love some of it, the majority of the straw-like bits get left. They're being right pains about it :lol: I've been buying other hays in pet shops to no avail. The stuck up lot are used to their 'premium' timothy hay and that's all there is to it. I get disgusted looks if I try to offer any kind of 'common' hay these days :roll:
Thanks Omi - time for a trip to stock up - such good hay :)
You're so lucky to be able to collect it :lol: I go through about a bag a week and the delivery get's expensive!

I saw this last night; I've got the tab open waiting to press the buy button :lol: My lot ran out of the timothy hay about a week and a half ago and have been on the oat hay instead. Sadly although they absolutely love some of it, the majority of the straw-like bits get left. They're being right pains about it :lol: I've been buying other hays in pet shops to no avail. The stuck up lot are used to their 'premium' timothy hay and that's all there is to it. I get disgusted looks if I try to offer any kind of 'common' hay these days :roll:

You're so lucky to be able to collect it :lol: I go through about a bag a week and the delivery get's expensive!

I am ... but it's only thanks to the forum I realised the farm was in the area - i paid for delivery before that and i feel your pain - am sure your bunnies appreciate it though:)

I am ... but it's only thanks to the forum I realised the farm was in the area - i paid for delivery before that and i feel your pain - am sure your bunnies appreciate it though:)
Oh believe me, they won't eat anything else. The spoilt things :roll:

Good news - it's back in stock early :D I ordered a bag earlier on :p

Last edited:
Oh believe me, they won't eat anything else. The spoilt things :roll:

Good news - it's back in stock early :D I ordered a bag earlier on :p

I’m really interested in the quality of this hay, I don’t mind paying a little more for hay that I think the buns will enjoy more and possibly create less waste from. Sometimes I really struggle to find good quality hay that is actually green and fresh smelling. Would you mind taking some photos of the hay when it arrives? :)

I haven't been able to see it come online? Has any one managed to order timothy hay
d0b9d5bd1c8fcc0b2f7f95106b3b002b.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I’m really interested in the quality of this hay, I don’t mind paying a little more for hay that I think the buns will enjoy more and possibly create less waste from. Sometimes I really struggle to find good quality hay that is actually green and fresh smelling. Would you mind taking some photos of the hay when it arrives? :)
Buy it, you won't regret! X

Oh gosh, they've changed the details on the website already. I ordered some yesterday. I did wonder whether to or whether to wait though as they said that this first cut was not stalky. It's green and very leafy but not mature enough to be stalky. They have just cut the next batch, which will be ready end of June, which is more stalky.

Oh gosh, they've changed the details on the website already. I ordered some yesterday. I did wonder whether to or whether to wait though as they said that this first cut was not stalky. It's green and very leafy but not mature enough to be stalky. They have just cut the next batch, which will be ready end of June, which is more stalky.

Just had a peek ... nothing about hay being ready at end of June? Was that an earlier announcement or private message?

Better order some soon .....

Just had a peek ... nothing about hay being ready at end of June? Was that an earlier announcement or private message?

Better order some soon .....

That was the advice yesterday, when they had some to offer. It was basically to warn people that this first cut is not stalky, but that they'd just cut the next batch that was stalky and which would be available for sale end of June. That advice has now been removed as it appears they've sold all of that first batch! It may also be the case though that, as we've seen with the Oat hay, it becomes available again after a couple of days :lol:

this is their oat hay, I don't have any pic of their timothy though

lIBgzvAl.jpg

this is their oat hay, I don't have any pic of their timothy though

lIBgzvAl.jpg
[/IMG]

That's interesting :) The last lot of Oat hay I got, which we're using atm, has stems which must be three times as thick as those. It's almost straw-like. Still gets eaten though :lol:

If any one spots it up for sale please can you let everyone know! Xx

That's interesting :) The last lot of Oat hay I got, which we're using atm, has stems which must be three times as thick as those. It's almost straw-like. Still gets eaten though [emoji38]
Mine looks like straw too. And also still gets eaten :D

That's interesting :) The last lot of Oat hay I got, which we're using atm, has stems which must be three times as thick as those. It's almost straw-like. Still gets eaten though :lol:

That is quite an old batch...off to check (newly organised) bunny store cupboard...yes the latest one is more stalky.

Loobers - yes!! Will check regularly & post here (may even PM you ;) )

Back