• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hello, new bunny mum here!

Bunny loves me again!
brilliant :thumb:

How do you pick them up like baby then? Pick up under 'armpits' then turn them into the crook of your arm? Don't they go nuts if they are upside down?
yeah, sort of - you can get the hang of it. i put my right hand under his front and scoop with my left - i just my knee to support as well. we get it right mostly; we're still practicing though.

snuggles020.jpg

when he's in this position, he's v relaxed and snuggly!

I put out another litter tray yesterday where she did her business on the carpet yesterday. She was good and did most of her poos in there. There were a few scattered around the room though!
great news!

I read on another thread that white wine vinegar is good for disguising wee small? Is it safe to put on carpets? I have a touch of rented house paranoia!!
I haven't used it, so i'd test a small bit out first but i can't see it having any problems.

good luck

Aaaah thanks a lot, very helpful picture I'm going to give that a try soon, as you say its useful to see bottoms and for grooming. :D

:? not sure about white wine vinegar, but joe normal white vinegar is what I use. It's also great for dissolving the calcium build up you get in the pee corner of litter trays and plastic cage bottoms :wink: Diluted, you can use it as a general cleaner so long as you rinse with clear water afterwards to take away the vinegar smell.

OK next question................. :roll:
When I let her out last night she was fine and kept jumping on me and she weed in her new litter tray (YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!) :D
Then she seemed to get bored (I'm thinking maybe she was hungry?) cos she just kept nipping at me. Not hard biting, but it had me worried! She nipped my trousers, my feet and my hands, why do you think this was? I had a nice stoke (to end on a good note) and gave her her dinner in her cage.(whilst saying 'bedtime!' much to the amusement of other half!)
Also she came up and played with my hair, which was fine until she bit some off and it looks like she ate it, now I'm worried cos I'm sure long hair is not going to be good to eat, why did she do this do you think?

Not having had a bunny before I guess Im a little paranoid about her....sorry for all the questions!!
:oops:

Back