• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squashed poop

glitterdust

Warren Scout
When Norah eats any kind of greens including some forage she gets poop caked all up little bum and I have to give her a wash and cut the hairs. She is fine if she just eats hay and nothing else. My concern Is if she is not eating greens will it effect her somehow. She can eat dandelions and kale so I just tend to give her these. She doesn't like any herbs anymore, she just seems to like all the things that make her poop sqishy. Is it OK if she just eats these. She is a fantastic hay eater and eats hay all the time and she has a few pellets in the morning.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

When Norah eats any kind of greens including some forage she gets poop caked all up little bum and I have to give her a wash and cut the hairs. She is fine if she just eats hay and nothing else. My concern Is if she is not eating greens will it effect her somehow. She can eat dandelions and kale so I just tend to give her these. She doesn't like any herbs anymore, she just seems to like all the things that make her poop sqishy. Is it OK if she just eats these. She is a fantastic hay eater and eats hay all the time and she has a few pellets in the morning.

Personally I'd stop feeding anything that causes that. Then just keep her to hay and her few pellets, and some veggies she can tolerate. If that's just a bit of kale so be it.

Much better than the possibility of fly strike :(

Rabbits can survive on just hay, so I think it's good she can still have pellets and some veg xx

I agree with Grace - limit the diet to what works best. Flystrike is a whole lot worse than a restricted diet.

Have you tried her on other forage, such as Bramble leaves? I find they are a godsend for digestion-prone bunnies.

Other forage also might not have the same effect as greens :)

I agree with Grace - limit the diet to what works best. Flystrike is a whole lot worse than a restricted diet.

Have you tried her on other forage, such as Bramble leaves? I find they are a godsend for digestion-prone bunnies.

Other forage also might not have the same effect as greens :)
Hi yes she can eat brambles and I have unlimited supply. As long as it won't affect her in any way I will just stick with what she can tolerate thank you xx

Hi yes she can eat brambles and I have unlimited supply. As long as it won't affect her in any way I will just stick with what she can tolerate thank you xx

You're welcome :)

You can introduce things in very small amounts over time and see what makes a difference xx

Back