Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Loobers pellet free review

Wise Old Thumper

What an enormous selection! The only downside I can see is that it must be very expensive

I don't think I've ever known that Toby won't eat anything fresh. What a silly boy. Has this always been the case? So all that lovely produce you're growing will need to be dried first?

Well look 'ere Toby lad, most rabbits are the opposite One thought occurs to me about this, which is he will need to drink lots to keep himself hydrated then. What happens if you give him a branch with leaves on? Does he discard the leaves?

What's in the first jar of the Sprinkle Toppers, please?
    Last edited by Omi; 01-06-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    What an enormous selection! The only downside I can see is that it must be very expensive

I don't think I've ever known that Toby won't eat anything fresh. What a silly boy. Has this always been the case? So all that lovely produce you're growing will need to be dried first?

Well look 'ere Toby lad, most rabbits are the opposite One thought occurs to me about this, which is he will need to drink lots to keep himself hydrated then. What happens if you give him a branch with leaves on? Does he discard the leaves?

What's in the first jar of the Sprinkle Toppers, please?
    I know omi he's such a rascal. I will only dry enough for him, Dennis and maple love their fresh bits. I can trick him by dipping the forage in his water bowl then giving it to him. He's always been like that since he was a baby. I'd have to buy lots of fresh stuff for Millie that would go out of date as he wouldn't share! He won't even eat carrot!

Oh sorry it's Camomile. How much my bunnies cost a month im too ashamed post on the forum it's outrageous!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    I know omi he's such a rascal. I will only dry enough for him, Dennis and maple love their fresh bits. I can trick him by dipping the forage in his water bowl then giving it to him. He's always been like that since he was a baby. I'd have to buy lots of fresh stuff for Millie that would go out of date as he wouldn't share! He won't even eat carrot!

Oh sorry it's Camomile. How much my bunnies cost a month im too ashamed post on the forum it's outrageous!

Does he also not eat fresh grass ?
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Wise Old Thumper

I love the hays and the pro p pellets, and so much else. If they don't become the healthiest rabbits on planet Earth, I'll eat my hat!

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Does he also not eat fresh grass ?
    Nope! He does drink a lot after eating so at least that's something! It makes me wonder if he knows he has gut issues and doesn't have the instinct to eat moist things, I really don't know??

Bam & Charlie

Know that feel haha - when Atticus couldn't eat anything because he was just so unwell and I had to cut everything out and just give him hay and slowly re introduce things to see what/if he could tolerate anything - I purchased basically every single possible bun friendly thing on galens garden, and the hay experts - was a very expensive time - but it's got me a good understanding of what he can and cant eat - list is very small haha

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_...s/herbs/301239 < small change but this is slightly cheaper than the hay experts one, I buy it as Atticus can eat a little bit without getting ill I buy lots of forage from zooplus actually - it's all in german though...

Glad that hay from pets at home was a hit, at least you know you have a fall back option now

It's so nice to see what your bunnies all eat - they're all very lucky xxx

So as you guys know, Tobys has his tummy issues. Thanks to you guys I was able to change my bunnies on to a pellet free diet. I have two senior buns so they get around 4 pellets each.

I thought I would share what has been successful for us and might help any one considering going pellet free.

The buns get one handful of dark leafy greens per day. This is usually lunch time. I would also like to note that Toby has gained a little weight from going pellet free and now is maintaining at 2.9.

The gang would like to share with you what has been nommy and not so nommy. All of these has been discovered or recommended by you guys so a big thanks from us! Xx

Hay
    Green cup - alfalfa king from pets at home . Extremely good hay and amazing he much you get in the pack!

Purple cup - Timothy hay from timothy hay. Co.uk Extremely nommy!!!

Red cup - Oat hay from timothy hay.co.uk. I was suprised how nice this is and actually is now being eaten more than the Timothy hay!

Loobers, first off congrats on such a comprehensive guide! You've done a lot of research and gone to lots of effort here to help bunnies, and not just your own

I wonder if you could clarify (for me!) what exactly you mean by one handful of dark leafies. Presumably this is only for Maple and Dennis? I often wonder where greens/veg are concerned how much that actually means. Sorry if it sounds a daft question, but I'm often asked about this 'handful' measurement

A big thank you to my glamorous assistant Maple for helping rip packets open and make an almighty mess.

Last edited by loobers25; 01-06-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Bam & Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Loobers, first off congrats on such a comprehensive guide! You've done a lot of research and gone to lots of effort here to help bunnies, and not just your own

I wonder if you could clarify (for me!) what exactly you mean by one handful of dark leafies. Presumably this is only for Maple and Dennis? I often wonder where greens/veg are concerned how much that actually means. Sorry if it sounds a daft question, but I'm often asked about this 'handful' measurement
    Well MM i will take a photo for you when it's nom time It was Thumps research I cannot take any credit, it's all from RU

Bam & Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Know that feel haha - when Atticus couldn't eat anything because he was just so unwell and I had to cut everything out and just give him hay and slowly re introduce things to see what/if he could tolerate anything - I purchased basically every single possible bun friendly thing on galens garden, and the hay experts - was a very expensive time - but it's got me a good understanding of what he can and cant eat - list is very small haha

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_...s/herbs/301239 < small change but this is slightly cheaper than the hay experts one, I buy it as Atticus can eat a little bit without getting ill I buy lots of forage from zooplus actually - it's all in german though...

Glad that hay from pets at home was a hit, at least you know you have a fall back option now

It's so nice to see what your bunnies all eat - they're all very lucky xxx
    Yes thank you Gracie the hay is really great

Thanks for the link I shall have a little look right now xx

Bam & Charlie