Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loobers pellet free review

Default Loobers pellet free review

So as you guys know, Tobys has his tummy issues. Thanks to you guys I was able to change my bunnies on to a pellet free diet. I have two senior buns so they get around 4 pellets each.

I thought I would share what has been successful for us and might help any one considering going pellet free.

The buns get one handful of dark leafy greens per day. This is usually lunch time. I would also like to note that Toby has gained a little weight from going pellet free and now is maintaining at 2.9.

The gang would like to share with you what has been nommy and not so nommy. All of these has been discovered or recommended by you guys so a big thanks from us! Xx

Hay
    Green cup - alfalfa king from pets at home . Extremely good hay and amazing he much you get in the pack!

Purple cup - Timothy hay from timothy hay. Co.uk Extremely nommy!!!

Red cup - Oat hay from timothy hay.co.uk. I was suprised how nice this is and actually is now being eaten more than the Timothy hay!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie

Pellets

Again recommended by RU they smell delicious and very good price. The ingredients are healthy and simple

Bam & Charlie

Main forage

So this is scattered on to a pile of hay. They get a variety of this everyday but Toby mainly has apple leaves, blackcurrant leaves and plaintan mixed with a few different things a day.

Bam & Charlie

Sprinkle toppers

They get a small amount of one these on top of hay forage

Bam & Charlie

Treats

They get chicory root and danelion roots from the hay experts

Bam & Charlie

Toby says the following is extra nommy and favourite:

Plantain
    Apple leaves
    Pear leaves

Bam & Charlie

Young Bun Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun's Avatar

Thank you for posting this!

I am going to be putting both of mine on a none pellet diet soon as Finn suffers with his gut. The problem with mine is that Finn is obsessed with pellets and eats it all so Myrtle doesn't get much of a look in. So he suffers with a sticky bum.

Finn has no front teeth so i know his not going to enjoy this transformation. How many Hay types who you say put them on at once?
    I have never gone pellet free with buns before so any tops would be great...as well as best places to get them from!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun View Post
    Thank you for posting this!

I am going to be putting both of mine on a none pellet diet soon as Finn suffers with his gut. The problem with mine is that Finn is obsessed with pellets and eats it all so Myrtle doesn't get much of a look in. So he suffers with a sticky bum.

Finn has no front teeth so i know his not going to enjoy this transformation. How many Hay types who you say put them on at once?
    I have never gone pellet free with buns before so any tops would be great...as well as best places to get them from!

Thanks!
    They get all three hay a day now but i have only recently introduced oat hay and they are eating lots. I have been putting all three in a tube so that it's not peed or pooped on. Timothy hay is worth more than gold here

I dont have any experience of rabbits with no front teeth . However i only order it all as im not an experienced forager and so it all comes dried. If you could forage it would all be fresh and free! I have planted lots of things this year so that I can reduce the ordering. I have in the garden strawberry, sun flowers, marigolds, roses, spinach, rocket, all the herbs, carrot tops and lots more. I'm going to sow these this weekend. I have a dehydrater as Toby won't eat anything moist so hopefully I will be able to pull everything out of the garden. The key is to be organised to not change Tobys diet.

Bam & Charlie

Apologies also everyone for my potato quality camera on my phone

Bam & Charlie

My main hay is from timothy hay.co.uk
    My forage is from The Hay experts and Galens garden

I think the key for Toby was to find a hay that really enjoys

Bam & Charlie