• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Loobers pellet free review

Thank you :)

Thumps is an amazing lady. So dedicated and selfless :)
Well I take my hat off to her because it is working for Toby . He loves all of his different twigs and leaves . It's definitely a journey, I would just like some more fresh forage instead of fresh veg all the time.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

What happens when Toby has a stick with leaves on? Will he eat apple leaves for instance from a stick? Have you managed to find some Hawthorn locally?

I meant to say earlier also, it's fantastic that Toby hasn't lost any weight :D

Sorry, this is a bitty post, but it's best to mention things when I think of them. I would really, really recommend a Hop plant :D Both my rabbits currently and all my previous ones have loved Hops. We have a few scrambling around the garden and atm there are numerous long shoots coming from them. They are probably also OK for drying.

Last edited:
What happens when Toby has a stick with leaves on? Will he eat apple leaves for instance from a stick? Have you managed to find some Hawthorn locally?

Sorry, this is a bitty post, but it's best to mention things when I think of them. I would really, really recommend a Hop plant :D Both my rabbits currently and all my previous ones have loved Hops. We have a few scrambling around the garden and atm there are numerous long shoots coming from them. They are probably also OK for drying.

Hops!! Twigs got us to forage these on the day I went to her place :)

The buns loved them and I had forgotten all about them :)

Can I buy plants/seeds and is it too late :wave:

Well I take my hat off to her because it is working for Toby . He loves all of his different twigs and leaves . It's definitely a journey, I would just like some more fresh forage instead of fresh veg all the time.

I shall make sure she gets this message :D:wave:

Does Toby eat any fresh forage at all?

What a wonderful thread made all the more lovely for your glamorous assistant. I'd love to know how much you spend too - since I shared humiliating photos with you I think you should P.M. me . Joey is reprimanding me again for his one & only hay experts pack - I ordered 2 types of bark - no bun was impressed :lol:

When you were researching Thumps stuff did you read about Blackthorn ? Its the longest thread ever so I can't face reading it again (have issues reading / concentrating) but could do with a summary

Omi i can only identify dandies and plaintan. I'm so terrified ill pick something wrong and make everything worse. I've really lost my confidence after everything. It would be nice to meet up and go foraging with someone to learn. That's why I'm trying to grow things from seed :(

Toby doesn't eat anything that's not crispy dry. I might make a YouTube video to show you all this behaviour. He literally puts his face away from it

What a wonderful thread made all the more lovely for your glamorous assistant. I'd love to know how much you spend too - since I shared humiliating photos with you I think you should P.M. me . Joey is reprimanding me again for his one & only hay experts pack - I ordered 2 types of bark - no bun was impressed :lol:

When you were researching Thumps stuff did you read about Blackthorn ? Its the longest thread ever so I can't face reading it again (have issues reading / concentrating) but could do with a summary

Thumps was very hot on Blackthorn so I know she will have mentioned it in her thread ..

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ried-given-your-stasis-prone-buns-tree-leaves

but its really long & informative :lol: I think it said only get leaves after fruit but can't remember

Yes, this is essentially what she said. I think the issue is that the leaves will (a) taste more appealing to rabbits and (b) will have more of a helpful effect on rabbits' tummies after the sloes appear.

but its really long & informative :lol: I think it said only get leaves after fruit but can't remember

Oh you're absolutely right there :lol:

I think you're right about the leaves ...
As far as I remember they are ready for the buns around September time, after the berries :D

Hops!! Twigs got us to forage these on the day I went to her place :)

The buns loved them and I had forgotten all about them :)

Can I buy plants/seeds and is it too late :wave:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bother with seeds, although I suspect a lot of our Hop plants have arrived via self-seeding. You could get a container grown plant and it could go in now. Hops are also to be found growing wild in the hedges here, which I presume you were finding with Twigs.

If you do get one, be prepared for it to become quite rampant :)

thanks guys - are they considered harmful prior to sloes or just not as therapeutic. They look so lush at the moment

What does that link say about apple leaves? For some reason her website is always blocked for me

Nom nom

Fruit tree leaves in autumn
The leaves and branches of any fruit trees (apple, pear, plum) are enjoyed by rabbits. They especially enjoy the dry leaves that fall from the trees in the autumn. Rabbits also enjoy stripping the bark and chewing any branches or twigs they are offered.

Last edited:
Nom nom

Fruit tree leaves in autumn
The leaves and branches of any fruit trees (apple, pear, plum) are enjoyed by rabbits. They especially enjoy the dry leaves that fall from the trees in the autumn. Rabbits also enjoy stripping the bark and chewing any branches or twigs they are offered.
Great! So what's your daily forage for buns?

Back