Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Court application for my rabbits removed, what can I do!? U/D #94

Sorry that I haven't any advice, but wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you x

You can "just make" animals like rabbits be therapy animals. They don't need training, if they are solely for your therapy. You just need to have medical backing (from doctors and preferably a mental health professional or two) that they are beneficial for your mental health. My rabbits are now recognised as being a significant part of my therapy based on these steps.

I really, really hope you can find something to work for you, even if it is being temporarily apart from you. I don't have any space (and am a fair distance away) but if I did, I would have been happy to foster for you. But at (now) 13, I'm crammed to the limit right now...
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara cats*Aurora tortoise*Zeta & Eta guinea pigs*Rex-Rex Hamster*
    Never forgetting rabbits Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Takumi, Apollo, Iris, and Arce

Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Thank you. I'm sorry , all of you, I can't think and I can't type.
    I'm so soryr.

Do rescues allow fostering? What happens then, do they still belong to me or can they be adopted out
    ? I can';t lose them!

Wise Old Thumper

What advice has your solicitor given you in the email?
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Tlc, I didn't know that. I thought they had to be specially trained.
    I don't know if any of us could be considered to have conditions that would apply. I know I'd be dead without them, and I'm not joking. THey are the only reason I get up each day.
    But I've never seen a therapist or anything like that, I have nothing recognized as a condition. My Mum has been under a threapist but I dopn't know if that would apply. My brother might have a chance.

I will look into it.
    Thank you so, so much

Quote Originally Posted by ~ILoveMyBunny~ View Post
    I'm so soryr.

Do rescues allow fostering? What happens then, do they still belong to me or can they be adopted out
    ? I can';t lose them!
    I think that's something you would have to work out with a rescue specifically. In the general sense, most of the time rescues would ask you to surrender rabbits and relinquish all rights to them, therefore allowing the rescue to rehome. However, it's very clear that you are committed and do not want this to be the case.

Did you adopt them from any rescues? Because they might be willing to help, dependant on circumstances.
    Owned by:

Never forgetting rabbits Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Takumi, Apollo, Iris, and Arce

TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Wise Old Thumper

I'm so soryr.

? I can';t lose them!
    I don't know but I would have thought a rescue would take them on a temporary basis on the basis that they still belong to you and you will take them back asap.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

The solicitor is an old fashioned type from what I can tell that doesn't like animals in the house, let alone rabbtis. He's basically siad it's up to the court. He thinks some of the things in the order are far fetched and probably wont be granted but isn't sure about the rabbits.
    He'll have 'evidence' fabricated that they smell or something, I know he will. Someone that viewed the house last week, I told my Mum at the time, I'm certain is a friend of his and was a plant to set us up.
    He's been setting us up all along

Most came from Pets at homes adoption service (a couple were bought way back) and one was from a friend who couldnt keep him.
    I couldn't lost them, I'd sooner live on the streets with them than risk losing them.
    Oh goodness I'm sorry everyone, I'm in a mess

Tlc, I didn't know that. I thought they had to be specially trained.
    I don't know if any of us could be considered to have conditions that would apply. I know I'd be dead without them, and I'm not joking. THey are the only reason I get up each day.
    But I've never seen a therapist or anything like that, I have nothing recognized as a condition. My Mum has been under a threapist but I dopn't know if that would apply. My brother might have a chance.

I will look into it.
    Thank you so, so much
    Book an appointment with your GP, and discuss it with them. They may want to refer you for further treatment under Mental Health services as obviously, a GP has to understand pretty much everything and know exactly where to refer their patients. However, my GP, neurologist and a Mental Health Nurse wrote about my need for my rabbits when I was faced with losing them. And thus, they are acknowledged as being part of "my" treatment plan, so to speak. My case got complicated, but then resolved itself after a family crisis.
    Owned by: