• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Court application for my rabbits removed, what can I do!? U/D #94

Most came from Pets at homes adoption service (a couple were bought way back) and one was from a friend who couldnt keep him.
I couldn't lost them, I'd sooner live on the streets with them than risk losing them.
Oh goodness I'm sorry everyone, I'm in a mess

Don't apologise for being a mess, you are at a crisis point and we'll do all we can to try to help you at the best of our knowledge.

If you want to PM me, and discuss things in more depth, I'm always happy to listen. xxx

Thank you so much TLC.. Thank you
I don't know if it's too late for that, this will all go so quickly and I know what GP#s are like but I'll try anything that might save them.
Do you go through a GP to register them or is there an application form or something I can find? I tried googling but can only find USA sites. I do remember something about it being easy to get them registered over there but I'm guessing it would be more difficult here.

I'm guessing this will only work for a few, not all eight but I could hide the others when people come..

Don't apologise for being a mess, you are at a crisis point and we'll do all we can to try to help you at the best of our knowledge.

If you want to PM me, and discuss things in more depth, I'm always happy to listen. xxx

Thank you so much. You're all so wonderful.
I'm so sorry to bother you all again, I didn't know where else to turn, you're the only ones that understand.
I'm so sorry. I'm in a real mess. I'm sorry

Hi - I’m not too far from you in eastleigh.

When you know one way or the other re the court order I could potentially take some on short term foster until you find something more permanent.

Let me know

Thank you so much TLC.. Thank you
I don't know if it's too late for that, this will all go so quickly and I know what GP#s are like but I'll try anything that might save them.
Do you go through a GP to register them or is there an application form or something I can find? I tried googling but can only find USA sites. I do remember something about it being easy to get them registered over there but I'm guessing it would be more difficult here.

I'm guessing this will only work for a few, not all eight but I could hide the others when people come..

My GP simply wrote a letter expressing the importance of my animals to me. The MH nurse covered it again, but in more detail. Nobody needed to come round the house; my word that they are what keeps me going was enough proof that they are beneficial to my MH. That's about all it takes here to have them recognised in some sense as therapy.

I'm sure you know this, but your best and safest bet is for all of you to get out of there asap. Do you have somewhere in mind where you will move to when the house is sold? Could this be expedited?

When you know one way or the other re the court order I could potentially take some on short term foster until you find something more permanent.

Let me know

That's a wonderful and kind offer :love:

My GP simply wrote a letter expressing the importance of my animals to me. The MH nurse covered it again, but in more detail. Nobody needed to come round the house; my word that they are what keeps me going was enough proof that they are beneficial to my MH. That's about all it takes here to have them recognised in some sense as therapy.

That's brilliant, thank you so much. I'll talk to my Mum when she's off the phone. I'll try anything at all if it just might help me save them.
We weren't even supposed to be here anymore. We had a house, we were moving! He went and messed it all up because he wanted more money. All of which, by the way, goes to him. He's getting about 70% give or take. And he's able to work, whereas my Mum and brother are both disabled. I'm sole carer for them both.

Let me know

Goodness you don't know what that means. Thank you so much for such a kind offer.
What an evil world that someone who claimed to love you can do something like this to you
I live for them and them alone, and he knows that.

I'm sure you know this, but your best and safest bet is for all of you to get out of there asap. Do you have somewhere in mind where you will move to when the house is sold? Could this be expedited?

Yes! We had a house, the sale was all going ahead. It's still there but back on the market. We were supposed to move at the start of may.
He suddenly got greedy and decided he wanted more money for the house and put the price up by 50k without consulting my Mum. My Muim's solicitor was in the process of making an application for him to put the price down as no one will ever buy it at this price when this arrived today

It all very much depends on timescales as I have 5 bunnies on foster with me at the moment that are going back to the rescue at the end of June. But I will help if I can

I'm so sorry... I'll come back once I've calmed down and read through the replied properly as I'm so messed up right now.
I hope I haven't upset anyone and I'm so incredibly sorry to bother you all. I'm in such a mess. I'm so sorry

It all very much depends on timescales as I have 5 bunnies on foster with me at the moment that are going back to the rescue at the end of June. But I will help if I can
I understand, thank you so very much. Even the offer is so incredibly kind.
I don't want to lose them for a single day but I'm desperate to do anything to protect them. If it comes to that and if you're still willing and are able I will of course pay (and they're fully vaccinated etc, proof available for all) but I hope it doesn't come to anything like that.
But just the offer is so incredibly, incredibly kind. I can't thank you enough

I’m so sorry you are going through this :cry: have you got solicitors working for you? I would bring it up with them if so. Citizens advice might be able to help. Also maybe some animal charity like the rspca or Pdsa might be able to give some advice. Hugs xx

I’m so sorry you are going through this :cry: have you got solicitors working for you? I would bring it up with them if so. Citizens advice might be able to help. Also maybe some animal charity like the rspca or Pdsa might be able to give some advice. Hugs xx

Yes and no... They know there's no more money to be made from my Mum now (it's about £55,000 she owes them out of the house now) and they're not really bothering with much.
The citazens advice is a brilliant idea, I will phone them tomorrow. I'll try the RSPCA but we went through a similar thing with our dog (now lost to cancer) as he tried to have him taken from us a while ago and the RSCPA weren't really able to help. The Dogs Trust I found out run a wonderful scheme for people in domestic abuse situations etc where they foster a dog while it's being sorted but of course no such thing for rabbits :(

Let me know
I also live near by, I'm happy to share fostering with Catherine to make sure they are safe xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm glad there's people who are in a position to actively help keep them safe for you until such time you can be reunited. :love:

I'm so so so sorry this is happening, I wish I lived nearby. I'd come over and offer a shoulder and do anything I could do to help.

generally, if without them you would take your life, that's a solid case for them being important for your mental health. they're not necessarily "therapy animals", but they are considered as apart of your recovery and therapy plan (often made to protect & help with said person).

honestly, this is coming from an outsider but I think with everything going on..some therapy may not be a bad idea. he is clearly emotionally abusing you, and gaslighting. it may have more serious long term effects. counsellors also have a team of people for advice and so fourth. they have plenty of inside links to help you.

I know any members or RU would do the damndest to help you if they're nearby, we're all like a little family.

He is just using this as another tool to spite your family. I'd be suprised if he even turnt up to court. And if he does he's only going to make himself look spiteful. They will ask why are the bunnies a problem to him now? I really wouldn't worry but rest assured you have some options xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Oh Loobers thank you. You're both so kind. I can't thank you both enough, from the bottom of my heart, for such incredibly kind offers.
I am so sorry, I have no idea what I've even written, other than that it was badly spelt. I'm sorry. I've never been worked up quite that badly before. I'm so sorry to you all.
Thank you all for your help, you're all so incredibly kind. I'm going to try what TLC suggested, see if there is anything that can be done about getting a letter or something to say how important they are for us all. I've just remembered that in Feb my brother was under a psychiatrist (sorry, I can normally spell that but probably messed it up today) and they saw how withdrawn he was. He doesn't get on with people, but he adores his rabbit. He's the only thing that makes him smile. He loves every one of them. Maybe there's something they can do? I don't know.
I feel like I'm cheating or doing something wrong, but it's true, they're everything to all of us. I'd give my life for any one of them without thinking about it. Maybe people think that's wrong, you should put human life before animals but I'm sorry I don't. My rabbits are my world, I'd give them anything and everything.
I'll also try the CAB. I'm trying to think where else..

Pieces are starting to fall into place and I'm seeing that we've been set up. I have a feeling 'evidence' with materialise that they're in some way stoping the sale of the house.
Something about one of the people that came last week (I think it was last week anyway) wasn't right and I said to my Mum at the time he wasn't a genuine buyer. I felt it was a set up then and now I'm certain. I have a horrible feeling that's the same man that's coming back at the weekend... He wasn't remotely interested in looking at the house but did question me on how many rabbits I had. It all felt wrong, now I know why. He must be a friend of my dads. He's had people lie for him before, this wouldnt be a first..
He'll claim they're stopping the house from selling. Yet someone _did_ buy it fully aware they were all here. It was my 'dad' who decided he wanted more money and lost the sale

Back