• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Court application for my rabbits removed, what can I do!? U/D #94

~ILoveMyBunny~

Alpha Buck
I apologise for however this thread may come across, I'll edit it later but at the moment I'm in a dsaze and I can't ttype or think.
I need help and I don't know whete else to turn.
I'm sorry if I don'tr make sense , I'm shaking anad I[ve just had four panic attacks and passed out. I don't know where else to turn, I'm hopeing someone here has some advice?

Sopme might be aware of muy situation regarding my parents divorce. My dadf isn't allowed in the house and lives with his girlfriend. He's banned due to his behaviour. The house is up for sale but he recently turned down an ocffer from buyuers.
I'm sorry for muy spelling, my hands are shaking too much tio type.

We've jhust had an email from our solicoitors, he's made an application to the courtt that all our rabbits are removed from the house within 7 days and no animals be alloqwed tro return.
It has to be approved by the court byt everything has gone his way up until now 6yrs theis has gopne on.. I feel sure he'll geet it approved.

What can I do??! I have nowhere to go, my brothers cant have us, they wouldbnt allloiw them in the house anyway, not all eight of them.
I have no money, I have nowhere to go, I cant afford to board them. I don't know what to do.
I'd die before I let anyone take my rabbits for me. *deleted sentence as I don't want to upset anyone*, there's no reason to live

I don't know what to do

Last edited:
Start by taking deep breaths. In life, things pass, and this will, too.

I don't know your circumstances.
Are your rabbits causing damage to the property? How many do you have?

It's a long shot, but maybe somebody could foster them? If they are in the garden, I know you can keep rabbits in the garden under the Allotment Act (1950) provided you're not profiting from them...

I'm really sorry. I was faced with the forceful separation of my rabbits and myself late last year/early this year. Like you, they are absolutely my reason to live and it nearly killed me too. Thankfully for me, my situation was resolved.

Another long shot, but maybe you could try getting medical proof that they are "therapy" and help with MH conditions? Which might therefore overrule your father's desire to get them out of the house/home.

Have the solicitors provided the reason for the request that the rabbits are removed? I think you should first of all try to get a short term foster for them arranged. If you don't know of anyone who could do this for you, maybe contact rescues in your area.

Sending loads of hugs. I know this will be devastating for you. Courts will usually decide on what is reasonable and so he will in my view need a very good reason. Is he the sole owner of the property?

Eight. No damage. All litter trained. All in clen pens. All as well kept as can be. He lived here with five and never even knew it.
No smells, no mess, all well kept.

I doin't know anyoine who can foster them.

I know about the allotment act, I dont think it would apply as this isn't my house. It' belongs to my parents, though he made sure top put it in his sole name whic my Mum nver kjnew baout.

I;'m so so sorry, my hands are shaking too much to type, I can't type properly

One isn't mine really, he's my borthers and yes he has medical conditions but I think a therapy animal has to be trained. You can't jsut make any animal therapy as I understand it?

I;m so sorry, I can't think striaght, please forgivem e

I'm so sorry, can anyone take them for you on a short term basis? Where are you in the country?

Can you talk to your dad? He might see the distress he's causing you? And may stop it?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

My parnets have lived here since 1980. It's the marital home but he snuck behind my mums back and got it in his sole name. She has rights on the property.
We have a court order in effect currently that allows us (three, mum, brother, me) to live here but exlcudes my dad as he took a knife to my mum and has been violent in the past. THe current order says that he's not to touch our proprety and that we are entitled to keep it here and live here free from harrassment (what a kjoke, last week he dug up the gfrave of one of my pets)
But this application it to get it overturned. He also wants estate agents to have keys ana ccess up til 4pm everyday and all of our protperty removed into storage as well as other things. I've not read it all

My dad cares for no one but himself. He knows they're my life, he's attacking them because I didn't 'side' with him. Therefore I deserve punishment.
I'm in farnborough in hampshire.
I don't know anyone that can foster. I don't know anyone at all. I have no friends, only my rabbits.

No, no reason given, it's just his way of getting back at me. Claiming it makes the house unpresentable, but I've always made sure they're spotless for every viewr. We had a buyer and an agreed sale, he suddnely decided he wanted more money and declined it without even asking my mum

You can "just make" animals like rabbits be therapy animals. They don't need training, if they are solely for your therapy. You just need to have medical backing (from doctors and preferably a mental health professional or two) that they are beneficial for your mental health. My rabbits are now recognised as being a significant part of my therapy based on these steps.

I really, really hope you can find something to work for you, even if it is being temporarily apart from you. I don't have any space (and am a fair distance away) but if I did, I would have been happy to foster for you. But at (now) 13, I'm crammed to the limit right now...

Thank you. I'm sorry , all of you, I can't think and I can't type.
I'm so soryr.

Do rescues allow fostering? What happens then, do they still belong to me or can they be adopted out
? I can';t lose them!

Tlc, I didn't know that. I thought they had to be specially trained.
I don't know if any of us could be considered to have conditions that would apply. I know I'd be dead without them, and I'm not joking. THey are the only reason I get up each day.
But I've never seen a therapist or anything like that, I have nothing recognized as a condition. My Mum has been under a threapist but I dopn't know if that would apply. My brother might have a chance.

I will look into it.
Thank you so, so much

I'm so soryr.

Do rescues allow fostering? What happens then, do they still belong to me or can they be adopted out
? I can';t lose them!

I think that's something you would have to work out with a rescue specifically. In the general sense, most of the time rescues would ask you to surrender rabbits and relinquish all rights to them, therefore allowing the rescue to rehome. However, it's very clear that you are committed and do not want this to be the case.

Did you adopt them from any rescues? Because they might be willing to help, dependant on circumstances.

I'm so soryr.

? I can';t lose them!

I don't know but I would have thought a rescue would take them on a temporary basis on the basis that they still belong to you and you will take them back asap.

The solicitor is an old fashioned type from what I can tell that doesn't like animals in the house, let alone rabbtis. He's basically siad it's up to the court. He thinks some of the things in the order are far fetched and probably wont be granted but isn't sure about the rabbits.
He'll have 'evidence' fabricated that they smell or something, I know he will. Someone that viewed the house last week, I told my Mum at the time, I'm certain is a friend of his and was a plant to set us up.
He's been setting us up all along

Most came from Pets at homes adoption service (a couple were bought way back) and one was from a friend who couldnt keep him.
I couldn't lost them, I'd sooner live on the streets with them than risk losing them.
Oh goodness I'm sorry everyone, I'm in a mess

Tlc, I didn't know that. I thought they had to be specially trained.
I don't know if any of us could be considered to have conditions that would apply. I know I'd be dead without them, and I'm not joking. THey are the only reason I get up each day.
But I've never seen a therapist or anything like that, I have nothing recognized as a condition. My Mum has been under a threapist but I dopn't know if that would apply. My brother might have a chance.

I will look into it.
Thank you so, so much

Book an appointment with your GP, and discuss it with them. They may want to refer you for further treatment under Mental Health services as obviously, a GP has to understand pretty much everything and know exactly where to refer their patients. However, my GP, neurologist and a Mental Health Nurse wrote about my need for my rabbits when I was faced with losing them. And thus, they are acknowledged as being part of "my" treatment plan, so to speak. My case got complicated, but then resolved itself after a family crisis.

Back