Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you clean your rabbits feet?

Lopsy often has mats on his back feet: if they get too uncomfy, he chews them off himself! We pull out as much as we can but sometimes it's just too matty. And sometimes it's not causing any pain, it just looks unsightly! When he moults he goes back to having pristine white soles for a few months
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin'sMum View Post
    I have a very small comb which I think is meant for hamsters or mice or similar and I comb the hair out on the underside of my bun's feet just by gently lifting one foot at a time backwards and holding it between finger and thumb. Mine are used to being handled like this when being groomed, but sometimes kick out, but I just keep going and eventually we get it done! Mine are outside and sometimes get mud, etc in the hair so need a bit of a tidy up. I would not cut the hair if you can avoid it, it takes ages to grow back and leaves a bare patch of skin on the sole of the foot

My Frenchie had sore hocks and when he went out in the mud and wet (which he enjoyed doing, though he lived inside) I put him little boots on. I made them, with little cotton ankle socks to prevent his feet from sweating. He had two pairs and both got washed each day.

The things we do
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    My Frenchie had sore hocks and when he went out in the mud and wet (which he enjoyed doing, though he lived inside) I put him little boots on. I made them, with little cotton ankle socks to prevent his feet from sweating. He had two pairs and both got washed each day.

The things we do
    Amg please tell me you have pictures of this! Ima be so disappointed if you don't x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Mama Doe

I gently comb their back feet on a weekly basis, usually using a wide tooth comb. The feet need to be as clean and dry as possible for a decent job, so I do it first thing on a morning before they go out in the run. Combing wet or muddy feet tends to cause more damage to the very delicate skin underneath. If they have very fluffy feet, they can get mats down the sides which can be carefully cut back and then teased out with fingers or a comb - but I would not routinely cut anything that they bear weight on, and only as minimally as needed if it was an issue - definitely never down to skin level as it leaves no protection for the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Amg please tell me you have pictures of this! Ima be so disappointed if you don't x

I still have the boots and socks, but when I had bunny I didn't have a camera (digital) ... sorreeee!!

I still have the boots and socks, but when I had bunny I didn't have a camera (digital) ... sorreeee!!
    Damnnn youuuuuu

The things we do
    That's just too adorable. I now want to do this, just for fun. Aww! Plus u defo should have mentioned that on Joey&Boos confession thread!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Leannean27 View Post
    That's just too adorable. I now want to do this, just for fun. Aww! Plus u defo should have mentioned that on Joey&Boos confession thread!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I've also made a 'shield' for one of my rabbits when he was destroying his own back. It was Max (in my Avatar) and I embroidered his name on it. People thought it very smart too

The waterproof boots were green as in Kermit. So cute. Other ones were blue padded fleece material. He didn't mind at all so long as he could go out in all weathers!