• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay - like gold dust atm?

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
Anyone else noticing this problem right now?

I use equestrian-quality meadow hay for bedding and feeding (as well as Timothy hay, Just Grass, fresh grass for feeding), but for a couple of weeks now, I'm struggling to get hold of it in the quantity I need and at the right price. Every time I go to the equestrian shop, all the bales are either reserved or flat-out gone. I've asked the shop owner and she's struggling to find anything before the first cut of this year's hay.

Can't even use straw as bedding for a couple of weeks, because apparently that has exactly the same problem!

I know that the first cut this year is due in a couple of weeks, but was wondering if anyone else was facing a hay shortage?

Anyone else noticing this problem right now?

I use equestrian-quality meadow hay for bedding and feeding (as well as Timothy hay, Just Grass, fresh grass for feeding), but for a couple of weeks now, I'm struggling to get hold of it in the quantity I need and at the right price. Every time I go to the equestrian shop, all the bales are either reserved or flat-out gone. I've asked the shop owner and she's struggling to find anything before the first cut of this year's hay.

Can't even use straw as bedding for a couple of weeks, because apparently that has exactly the same problem!

I know that the first cut this year is due in a couple of weeks, but was wondering if anyone else was facing a hay shortage?

I think it's just that interim time of year. Lots of places that sell 'fresh' hay (ie not pre-bagged off the shelf) are running low on stocks.

Will you be able to get your gang through the next couple of weeks?

I think it's just that interim time of year. Lots of places that sell 'fresh' hay (ie not pre-bagged off the shelf) are running low on stocks.

Will you be able to get your gang through the next couple of weeks?

Just about with what I'm getting hold of. Cleaning out runs is another matter, though...

Back