• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

overnight at the vets

Sorry for such a slow reply. Been a hectic week but things are really looking up now :)

Loki came home from the vets on Saturday. He was eating very little so was having liquid feed and something to keep his gut moving as well as daily pain relief.

He started eating a little more as the week went on, just greens and hay so on Wednesday they took him off the pain relief to see if he would still eat.

He ate some pellets on Wednesday night and has been eating more and more ever since. He's poos are still tiny but considering what has happened to him I think he is doing so well.

Oh, and the Vet want to make him patient of the month since he was such a good little rabbit for them :)

Thank you everyone for your advice and kind words. I really appreciate it.

Sorry for such a slow reply. Been a hectic week but things are really looking up now :)

Loki came home from the vets on Saturday. He was eating very little so was having liquid feed and something to keep his gut moving as well as daily pain relief.

He started eating a little more as the week went on, just greens and hay so on Wednesday they took him off the pain relief to see if he would still eat.

He ate some pellets on Wednesday night and has been eating more and more ever since. He's poos are still tiny but considering what has happened to him I think he is doing so well.

Oh, and the Vet want to make him patient of the month since he was such a good little rabbit for them :)

Thank you everyone for your advice and kind words. I really appreciate it.

Aaaww you're really welcome :)

And patient of the month, what a lovely accolade for him :)

So glad things are going well x

It was nice to read that Loki has improved so much in the past week with your loving care. He is so lucky to have you and a good vet. I suspect Loki is such a good bunny because he trusts you so much; so congratulations to both of you on Loki being named patient of the month.

Back