• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do yours do this? (lighthearted, really)

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

From the second I top up Theo and Buffys litter trays and feeders with hay, Theo is there fetching it out again.

It's amazing to watch, this tiny little mini lop going to such a colossal effort to drag out every last piece! :lol:

The problem is that he will spread it all over the shed and the the two or them will poop all over it. So by the time I go out in the evening it's a huge mess and then in the morning the cycle starts over again.

Anyone else have this problem or words of wisdow? Thanks x

I have the problem but no solution & mines on the living room floor. Its only Boo - Joe likes it tidy, he often tells her off but she doesn't pay much attention, she's too "busy"

Hi all,

From the second I top up Theo and Buffys litter trays and feeders with hay, Theo is there fetching it out again.

It's amazing to watch, this tiny little mini lop going to such a colossal effort to drag out every last piece! :lol:

The problem is that he will spread it all over the shed and the the two or them will poop all over it. So by the time I go out in the evening it's a huge mess and then in the morning the cycle starts over again.

Anyone else have this problem or words of wisdow? Thanks x

High sided litter tray? I haven't experienced this!
They are in the living room so would be loads of clearing up to do :lol:

Frosty used to do this with the baled meadow hay. Doesn’t do it with the expensive gourmet hays I buy him now, thankfully :lol: hardly any waste - although in my case any rabbit hay discarded to the floor is swept up and chucked on the edge of the mucking out compost pile and eaten by the goats :lol:

Thanks for the replies :)

They have a large cat litter type tray and two smaller ones, as well as a trough shaped hay feeder. I could try an underbed storage or higher sided tray, see if it helps, but I imagine it will not deter him :). He appears to get a lot of enjoyment from it, it's just more mess for me.

Think I ought to have some goats, Zoobec :lol: as it does waste an awful lot of hay x

Thanks for the replies :)

They have a large cat litter type tray and two smaller ones, as well as a trough shaped hay feeder. I could try an underbed storage or higher sided tray, see if it helps, but I imagine it will not deter him :). He appears to get a lot of enjoyment from it, it's just more mess for me.

Think I ought to have some goats, Zoobec :lol: as it does waste an awful lot of hay x

:lol: the goats waste hay too, anything that hits the floor is bedding :roll: but Frosty’s special hay is hoovered up quickly :lol:

Back