Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of........???

Default Dreaming of........???

7:30am this morning and 'Hillian' are in the living room whilst I get ready for work. I happened to check on the pair of them as they were quiet and.......

This is, to the best of my knowledge, the first time Lillian has had a bunny flop. She is absolutely zonko. Goodness knows what she is dreaming of but she seems quite content about things. My understanding is that bunny flops mean contentment - so I hope this is the case with Lillian.
    BTW, does anyone think she's got a bit of a tummy? She does like her food but I'm hoping she's not too weighty.
    Oh, and an update on Henry and the stairs. The answer to the question "how long does it take a nethie to climb 14 stairs?" is 2 seconds. He's now incorporated a 'check' upstairs into his evening routine. He's getting very confident about this.
    Lillian is still very wary of us humans and hates any form of human contact. Something else to work on....

Wise Old Thumper

Cute picture It's my experience that a rabbit will flop like this not only when it's content but also when it feels secure. This is all good news for Lillian and in my view demonstrates that she is starting to feel safer and that she can relax more.

I don't think that Lillian's tummy is too big. I think she's just too relaxed to hold it in

Henry is certainly making himself feel completely at home isn't he
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Lovely photo, she is certainly very relaxed and content

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Yep, she's definitely feeling relaxed and safe. Willow is 10 months old now and it's only this year since we got Herb that I've seen her flopped out in the run. She would bun loaf with her front paws stuck out before that. Of course, she may have flopped in the shed where we couldn't see her. I take it to mean that she's content living with Herb now and I love seeing their little white tummies.
    I love that Henry is so confident on the stairs. I really ought to seriously consider getting rid of hubby so I can have house bunnies,

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    7:30am this morning and 'Hillian' are in the living room whilst I get ready for work. I happened to check on the pair of them as they were quiet and.......

This is, to the best of my knowledge, the first time Lillian has had a bunny flop. She is absolutely zonko. Goodness knows what she is dreaming of but she seems quite content about things. My understanding is that bunny flops mean contentment - so I hope this is the case with Lillian.
    BTW, does anyone think she's got a bit of a tummy? She does like her food but I'm hoping she's not too weighty.
    Oh, and an update on Henry and the stairs. The answer to the question "how long does it take a nethie to climb 14 stairs?" is 2 seconds. He's now incorporated a 'check' upstairs into his evening routine. He's getting very confident about this.
    Lillian is still very wary of us humans and hates any form of human contact. Something else to work on....

Craig this is lovely to see. Lillian has finally 'come home'

Regards her tummy - when a rabbit is flopped on to her side it's impossible to judge as everything kind of flattens out and relaxes. She doesn't look overweight to me, but the best judge is when she's up and about. I guess you could keep an eye on her weight at intervals, but with all that exercise in the garden she's probably well fit. Does she follow Henry upstairs yet?
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

14 stairs in 2 seconds is uber impressive!

So cute, I love it when ours do this. Blossom is particularly good at it and will literally throw herself onto her side and zonk out . Her little tail is like a sensor though and if she senses you nearby, it goes up and then she jumps up and will run over to see if you have food x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Warren Veteran

You can't go posting her belly on a public forum & ask if her belly is too big No wonder she rarely flops.

In all seriousness she looks very relaxed & appears to have the perfect figure

Wise Old Thumper

It's lovely to see her looking so relaxed and yes I would watch her weight, or rather watch her intake.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    You can't go posting her belly on a public forum & ask if her belly is too big No wonder she rarely flops.

In all seriousness she looks very relaxed & appears to have the perfect figure
    Joey & Boo - this is exactly my kind of humour - I love it And thank you for your kind observations. She does seem relaxed - just have to work on her human skills.