• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Readigrass

Andi said:
Lori said:
not many people can go through an 18kg bag for their rabbits..

Out of interest, what's the storage life like?

Thanks for the info too. :)

Its over a year. As long as you keep it dry you can store it opened for over a year. Even after the year its ok to feed, but the nutritional content isnt garunteed to be what the label says.

We did used to rebag the big sacs of readigrass for people at bunnymail, but when the readigrass started coming in black, i wouldnt let it near my own furries so wouldn't ship it out so we switched to the little 1kg bags from friendship estates.

Lori said:
Just reading this thread with intrest - especially the one that says 'god knows what bunnymail are sending out'. well in case noone knows - Friendly dried grass and Readigrass are IDENTICAL products. If you buy it in an 18kg sac its called Readigrass, and packaged by the Friendship estates company. If you buy it in the 1 kg bags its called 'friendly' dried grass and still packaged by the friendship estates company. They are the same product, produced by the same company but the different sizes just have different names. They should all have the same protein values depending on the crop used etc. But the products are identical. one is not for horses and one for bunnies, they are interchangable. Just not econimical for horse people to buy 1kg bags for their horses and not many people can go through an 18kg bag for their rabbits..

Lori

I believe the Readi-Grass everyone is referring too is made by Spiller's horse feed. I don’t think they have any connection with Friendship Estates.

Spiller's Readi-Grass has 15 % protein in it. You can check here.

http://www.spillers-feeds.com/Frame_Work_Page.htm

I've got a bag of Friendship Estates pure dried grass and the protein level on the back says 12%.

Friendship Estates sell a range of products but do not sell Readi-Grass.

Louise

This is what I was confused about - the different protein levels for the web page and on the back of the packet.

AmberUK said:
This is what I was confused about - the different protein levels for the web page and on the back of the packet.

Now I'm not 100% certain off this but I think you will find Spiller's and Friendship Estates are two different companies and their products are two totaly different products.

That would explain why one had more protein in then the other.

Louise

Back