• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies housed indoors

I dont know. Mine will be going out once I have a decent run for them. Also they will only be able to go out once indoor and outdoor temps are very similar so I guess those considerations would decide the amount of outdoor time given.

Thank you, yes they are pellet fed. I am now happy that my boys are okay :D

:D

I think my buns overdosed on Vitamin D yesterday. The weather was so lovely but not over hot, so they stayed out (by choice) in the garden binkying around for over three hours. I had a huge brolly up to protect me from the sun whilst I watched them and drank tea!

Speaking of sun and vitamin D, how should I take care of my rabbits during hot summers? They have always lived indoors, and sometimes go for a couple week to a holiday house near the city, where they have a pen outside and can otherwise run around in the house.

However, my wife and I have been planning to buy this house https://tranio.com/greece/adt/1677205/ since we're about to start working from home and are tired with city life. The rabbits will mostly live in the house, and I know how to make an outdoors rabbit playground, but what should I do during summer? Greece isn't the place with the mildest weather ever, so I'm afraid to bake the poor things under a scorching sun. Should I let them out early in the morning or late in the evening? Put a roof over the pen? Have a couple underground tunnels for them to run in under the shade?

Thanks a lot!

Back