• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flooring

C9FAL

Young Bun
Hi,

Our rabbits are in pens and we are moving house soon. What is the best flooring to give them? We have already tried a massive rug that got ruined, one at the moment is on laminate and has ruined it with his pee and the other is on vinyl which is working well as one of my rabbits who we have had for around 8 months still pees on the floor sometimes and I have no idea why. But doesn't the pee seep through the vinyl? Is there any other suggestions you have?

I think vinyl is about the best flooring. I put newspaper on top for some of the bunnies which protects it if you get some accidents. It works well for me.

We've used vinyl for our indoor buns and it works well and mostly wipes clean, apart from the odd stubborn stain. Sometimes our doe misses the litter tray, so I tend to put puppy pads underneath.

Our male bun, whose in another room currently, can now be trusted to have carpet alone and doesn't make any mess. His litter trays are in a large cage (always open), lined with puppy pads to catch any spills x

I would go for a good quality vinyl. It will be the least likely flooring to get damaged, as long as the rabbits can't get to chew any of the edges. Vinyl does not soak up liquids and resists most stains. The thicker grade / industrial quality ones will also resist being dug up by rabbits better. Non-slip would be best for them to run about on.

We've used vinyl for our indoor buns and it works well and mostly wipes clean, apart from the odd stubborn stain. Sometimes our doe misses the litter tray, so I tend to put puppy pads underneath.

Our male bun, whose in another room currently, can now be trusted to have carpet alone and doesn't make any mess. His litter trays are in a large cage (always open), lined with puppy pads to catch any spills x

I agree with vinyl too :)

My buns are 24/7 free range so I don't use it in the house, but in my outdoor accommodation for boarders and fosters I do and it works a treat.

We have 2 who sometimes miss the trays to. Thanks for the puppy pads tip!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My two have carpet. It is very flat (no pile). They also have a couple of 32 litremstorage boxes lined with newspaper and hay. Luckily all wees go in those! If not I would get a strong non slip vinyl for them.

2pt2x3k.jpg

My two have carpet. It is very flat (no pile). They also have a couple of 32 litremstorage boxes lined with newspaper and hay. Luckily all wees go in those! If not I would get a strong non slip vinyl for them.

2pt2x3k.jpg
We have already had carpet shredded [emoji85] Your bunnies are lovely! [emoji195]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back