• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A funny thing happened today......

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Well, Henry bun has decided that he's now bored with the kitchen/diner area, and the living room where he sits in the evening with wifey-bun, and the garden with it's shady areas and ample grass. Nope, Henry has decided that our 'warren' must have more areas to explore, so, whilst I was at work and the O/H was at home catching up with a few things, she suddenly hears this 'bump' upstairs. So she goes to see what the comotion is all about and who should she see bounding up the stairs but.......Henry the explorer......
aNHu39Y.jpg

And, having conquered the stairs, he proceeds to explore the whole new world of upstairs in our warren.
En4WwKF.jpg

Unfortunately my O/H didn't get a photo of him bounding downstairs but assures me he just confidently faced down the stairs and went for it.
I don't know where Henry has developed this sudden urge to explore the house, but now he knows there's a whole new world upstairs, I am pretty sure I know where he will head off for. Just when you think you have a handle on things, the little tinkers go and throw you a curve ball.

Oh Craig - it had to happen, didn't it? :lol:

Having had multiple groups of buns in the house over the years, I now have a stair gate at the top. Really funny to see a bun reach the stair gate and peer through, wanting to explore further :D

Oh it must be brilliant to have rabbits free ranging around the house (rabbit proofed of course)! I am sure my dogs would love it ...

Haha he will definitely be up there all the time now!

Archie is exactly the same. He once escaped up the stairs, we have a stair gate and he knocked it down. Now any opportunity he has, he zooms up there to check out his warren and scent everything. He particularly likes under our bed. Every night he sits and looks through the gate and I imagine him plotting his next escape!

Pip has never made it past the top stair for some reason.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It's funny, because my bunnies live upstairs - they are always trying to come down.

Millie and Toby used to play in the lounge together then run up the stairs at the speed of lightning when they wanted to go to bed!

Bonded bunnies bring out the confidence in each other to explore don't you think?

Super duper cute pictures! Hillian [emoji175][emoji175]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Haha he will definitely be up there all the time now!

Archie is exactly the same. He once escaped up the stairs, we have a stair gate and he knocked it down. Now any opportunity he has, he zooms up there to check out his warren and scent everything. He particularly likes under our bed. Every night he sits and looks through the gate and I imagine him plotting his next escape!

Pip has never made it past the top stair for some reason.

:shock: Archie the super-hero?
But do I remember you have those semi-permanent gates? (thinking back to my stairgate thread...)

:shock: Archie the super-hero?
But do I remember you have those semi-permanent gates? (thinking back to my stairgate thread...)
He is surprisingly strong! It's a pressure gate but made of mesh. Sometimes it's not fitted quite right so he can headbutt it down. Lol

OH just reminded me of when we first got it cos he kept escaping as soon as we opened the lounge door. He jumped straight into it as if it wasn't there and bounced back like a trampoline.

We've never laughed as hard as that night. Was hilarious. He looked so confused.

He is surprisingly strong! It's a pressure gate but made of mesh. Sometimes it's not fitted quite right so he can headbutt it down. Lol

OH just reminded me of when we first got it cos he kept escaping as soon as we opened the lounge door. He jumped straight into it as if it wasn't there and bounced back like a trampoline.

We've never laughed as hard as that night. Was hilarious. He looked so confused.

Oh gosh I can just imagine that :D

My indoor rabbits live upstairs too. We have a meshed child gate at the top. Out of all 5 indoor rabbits, the only one to try their luck and head downstairs? Only Morningstar, the one who can't actually see! She knows her way round the whole house, knows where the guinea pig pellets are stored, knows where we keep the open bag of rabbit pellets. Oh, and now the weather is warmer, if we don't shut the gate properly and leave the back door open, she'll happily follow you outside.

A few months ago, a pair of police officers came knocking, looking for leads following a house break-in on the street. As I'd rushed downstairs to answer the door, I didn't shut the gate properly. Lo and behold, Miss Morning was sitting partway down the staircase, looking completely innocent and sweet. I ended up with police officers who were very concerned about letting the rabbit out. :lol:

Moral of the story? You can't keep a determined rabbit down. Have fun finding him upstairs all the time now!

When I went to the forage day last year, Twigs said that her rabbits chase her up to bed and stand guard on the landing. It sounds as though you are being well trained by them! I'm totally jealous of those of you with house rabbits, I'm almost tempted to get rid of hubby so that I could have house bunnies. :lol:

When I went to the forage day last year, Twigs said that her rabbits chase her up to bed and stand guard on the landing. It sounds as though you are being well trained by them! I'm totally jealous of those of you with house rabbits, I'm almost tempted to get rid of hubby so that I could have house bunnies. :lol:

You don't keep him in a pen, do you? :lol:

I wish Joey & Mouse would go upstairs - Boo explores everywhere though. The stairs are just bare wood at the moment, doesn't hold her back at all. Her flying dismounts from stair three looks hilarious. I hope one day to capture it on a photo. There's no stopping him now Craig.

:lol: He looks so cute exploring :)

We've got 2 indoors, with a bedroom each (otherwise known as our room and one of my dd's). Both rooms are gated off and another on the stairs to stop the dogs coming up.

When the two of them are bonded (hopefully) I'd love them to have all of upstairs. Not sure what everyone else would think though..... x

Aww cute :love:, bet he had a whale of a time, has Lillian made it upstairs yet, what was she doing whilst he was gone?

Our Ralph only goes in kitchen, conservatory and hallway; I’ve tried tempting him into the living room (onto carpet) but he acts like it’s lava bless him. Going to miss it when he goes outside

Aww cute :love:, bet he had a whale of a time, has Lillian made it upstairs yet, what was she doing whilst he was gone?

Our Ralph only goes in kitchen, conservatory and hallway; I’ve tried tempting him into the living room (onto carpet) but he acts like it’s lava bless him. Going to miss it when he goes outside

Lillian hasn't ventured upstairs. She's really not that advenerous. She is still very aprehensive about alot of things, especially people, so whatever happend in her past runs deep as an emotional scar within her. She has her own routines and favorite places she goes - like under the dining room table and the garage. When I let them out for a run before I go to work in the morning, she tears up the garden and goes straight to the garage back door. She also comes down from the garden at 7pm - almost to the minute. She will then camp out on the patio sort of waiting to come in (she can - the door is open, but she won't). When I go to tell them to come in, she runs up the garden again. I was out earlier in the garage and the pair of them came in and played a sort of rabbit version of hide and seek. She looks for Henry and follows him and then Henry follws her. But they also spend alot of time apart. Lillian will sit in the garden and Henry will sit inside. It's strange dynamics at time.

My boys like being under my bed, but now that the weather has improved followed me out into the garden. Luckily OH had gone to work on his motorbike today so they could play out without me panicking about oil etc

Back