• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could this have given Lacey a tummy problem?

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Lacey was off her food yesterday. The day previous she had had nothing which should have upset her but I noticed some of the veneer from the back of the hutch had been stripped off. Fortunately, about an hour before the Vets open at 3 pm I noticed she was sitting up having a wash and when she saw me she was looking for food. She ate some Spring Greens quickly so I postponed going to the Vets. I am wondering if she had eaten some of the veneer as I couldn't see it in the hutch and this had made her ill. I have now put her and Darcey in another hutch.

I think this is possible. I think you would need to know what sort of wood veneer it is and whether it is rabbit friendly. You'd also need to know just how much she had actually eaten, if indeed any. It's possible that Darcey ate it all and wasn't affected by it.

There seem to be several unknowns, so yes I would say it was possible but not easy to confirm.

I hope she remains OK.

Hope Lacey is ok. It is such a concern when rabbits eat things they shouldn't. I would keep an eye open for unusual poo.

Back