• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Toby today!

Aww they all look relaxed together. This is brilliant.

Cant wait to see them all moved in and to see the mph stuff.

You're kidding me, right??? They're sploofed up together, looking like life long friends and you're having a stiff drink? You deserve a drink because you held your nerve, you persevered and you formed a friendship that might have looked questionable 48 hours ago. You've given your rabbits the foundation to forge a beautiful long lasting friendship and yes, you deserve that drink and a huge pat on the back. They look very well cosy and it is so heartwarming to see. More updates please....:D

You're kidding me, right??? They're sploofed up together, looking like life long friends and you're having a stiff drink? You deserve a drink because you held your nerve, you persevered and you formed a friendship that might have looked questionable 48 hours ago. You've given your rabbits the foundation to forge a beautiful long lasting friendship and yes, you deserve that drink and a huge pat on the back. They look very well cosy and it is so heartwarming to see. More updates please....:D
Thank you Craig! I just need my Maple to snuggle up and I will be a happy bunny. All three at the same time snuggling. I'm absolutely knackered but it goes to show....If this is successful, then I, one of the most anxious on here with Tobys heart condition/stasis prone can do it - then any bun can do it!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Well I don't know about a stiff drink, but I think you deserve a large celebratory one :love:

Super little trio :love:

This evening
9bdfb5e1ad466296970647ae997f6c97.jpg
0483d9811aac4a70547f116ed7e8b527.jpg

Bad news :, (

Toby has started humping everyone all night. Maple and Dennis have been really good and just letting him do it. However five o clock this morning Toby and Maple had a fight. I watched hoping it was just a scuffle but ended up a side ways lock on. Dennis came a cropper in the middle of it as he was minding his own business. I thought I would leave Maple and see if it settled. Toby then came over, started humping and an even bigger lock on fight - lots of blood from maples ear as it's been scratched all over and bleeding a lot.
Dennis is snuggling with Maple grooming her bad ear and being very sweet to her. Toby is sulking in the corner. I have given Maple some metacam, I know it says to separate once blood has been drawn but how shall I do it? Do I keep Dennis and Maple together? And keep Toby caged near by? I really don't know, I'm going back to work Tuesday and I'm really not happy at all to leave them :, ( :,(

Toby has started humping everyone all night. Maple and Dennis have been really good and just letting him do it. However five o clock this morning Toby and Maple had a fight. I watched hoping it was just a scuffle but ended up a side ways lock on. Dennis came a cropper in the middle of it as he was minding his own business. I thought I would leave Maple and see if it settled. Toby then came over, started humping and an even bigger lock on fight - lots of blood from maples ear as it's been scratched all over and bleeding a lot.
Dennis is snuggling with Maple grooming her bad ear and being very sweet to her. Toby is sulking in the corner. I have given Maple some metacam, I know it says to separate once blood has been drawn but how shall I do it? Do I keep Dennis and Maple together? And keep Toby caged near by? I really don't know, I'm going back to work Tuesday and I'm really not happy at all to leave them :, ( :,(

Well this news is a big surprise to me :( Do you know how it started? How are they now?

My instinct would say that if you still think there's a chance the 3 will bond, and considering the behaviour up to now, I would not split them up atm. I think the next few hours would determine that for me. Obviously you will need to watch them very closely and it will be stressful. Obviously also keep an eye on Maple's ear. Why do they always go for ears :(

I am sorry to hear this. I agree with Omi and hope Maple's ear will be ok. If you separate now, you will only have to go through this again later on, or keep Toby separate. I personally separate if a bad fight occurs, but others would persevere.

I’m so sorry :cry: I think I would go with your gut instinct as to how to proceed.

If Dennis and Maple seem happy together at least you have the potential of a great pair. When I was bonding 2 pairs into a quad I had a period where I seemed to have a trio and a single and even though they didn’t fight it was difficult enough emotionally but luckily they bonded.

If things don’t work out for a trio do you have the option of finding a suitable friend for Toby?

:( I'm gutted for you. I know Toby being bonded was probably the most important bit for you. I found Joeys relentless humping really hard to deal with though luckily it didn't cause any fights. If its calm now I'd be tempted to persevere but I appreciate its a difficult call & agree with Omi to follow your instincts xx

I'm so sorry to read this :(

I feel sad as I know it's Toby who you wanted bonded, but the scenario you currently have is making that difficult.

If you don't feel you can proceed by yourself (and I know you've time limitations) then could you get someone to take them (asap) and put them all back together on (new) neutral territory for a few days? A car ride together would give them all a shake up and then they would be somewhere different ...

:(

So I have decided to take them out of the utility room and back upstairs.

I have three spaces now. I'm going to separate then when I go out and rotate each time. When im here thry will all be in the middle area. I might keep dennis in the middle as he's neutral. The reason I decided to go back upstairs is that if Toby starts humping they have the area to escape him. At least this way I can go to work knowing they are all safe.

Dennis has really had enough, all he wants it sit quietly and eat noms. He has a bad cut under his eye too so he's had some metacam. The issue is between Maple and Toby. Maple is fed up of being humped and nips him which turns into a brawl. :( I'm not giving up yet although I am so worried about these injures. I hope they don't develop any abscesses.

I wish I could talk to Toby and tell him this is all for him, so he can have a long stasis free life. I know that If they wasn't here he would stasis. He enjoys company yet has to be the boss. :(

It's not ideal but I have a 120 cage to keep them safe from each other and also maples enclosure - which she will not be going in for a while!
33436edabfb2f511ce7c45bc93fdd0b6.jpg
71cc71cc4c1c7dad83afe29c0664bf62.jpg
3ffd9998a0af5985aab3b32b01b5c9a1.jpg
5049656a7447edc0da10c7d1f1b791cd.jpg
d52080ece5a6add91dbd650641846253.jpg
492f628b7785a49cd67177bbe36a0ec2.jpg

Good for you. I like that you've found your own way with this. I agree it seems lovely dennis had found his place at the bottom (sensible boy) - Maple & Toby still have some working out to do. As you now I broke a few rules during bonding & it worked out for us - eventually. They seem to be sharing their former space well. Off to work for 12 hours but will be sending lots of bonding vibes xx

Back