• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Toby today!

I hope everything has continued to go well overnight, and that you managed to get some sleep :thumb:

Good morning everyone bun!

I had a lovely sleep next to the bunnies - no scuffles at all. Every time I checked they was either grazing or i saw combinations of heaped bunnies

Lots of DOBS from toby which is really important to me as it shows hes very relaxed

27962e1290f4d7e7ce384fdce5e87e88.jpg
56d897a72e72d95ac3cb04725e5b12e2.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Loobers - you have achieved you're life dream & it only took you a day to do it. I'm so impressed with everybun

Thank you, really thanks to everyone who comments and cares about Toby. I really appreciate your support

So what's the next steps going forward? Obviously they have the big bedroom to move into. When do they move in there? If this continues to go well I was thinking Thursday evening? Is that too soon?

Also when they do move in there, should I still keep the space small? I have to admit I have been letting them play in the kitchen to stretch there legs and there has been no agression. But then that's not their "home"

Should I wipe maples enclosure with white vinegar and just do the same what I have done in the utility room? Just a floor of cheap meadow hay and water bowl, no possessions to fight for?

I also have MPH being delivered any day soon so that's going nice and neutral

Loobers you've done so well I feel like you are the bonding guru & we should all be asking you questions

The aim is to move them when they are all loved up (as they seem to be) so they will be happy to share space . I don't think rabbits are fooled to easily by vinegar/ deep cleaning - mine werent anyway. It makes sense to add possessions after you know they are happy sharing their new old space. I'd prob move them before Thursday but I'm impatient.

Thank you, really thanks to everyone who comments and cares about Toby. I really appreciate your support

So what's the next steps going forward? Obviously they have the big bedroom to move into. When do they move in there? If this continues to go well I was thinking Thursday evening? Is that too soon?

Also when they do move in there, should I still keep the space small? I have to admit I have been letting them play in the kitchen to stretch there legs and there has been no agression. But then that's not their "home"

Should I wipe maples enclosure with white vinegar and just do the same what I have done in the utility room? Just a floor of cheap meadow hay and water bowl, no possessions to fight for?

I think you need to play this by ear, depending on your observation of their behaviour towards each other and essentially your confidence in their relationship.

Those who follow the "textbook", will tell you that they have to be in the small space for a while and that should then be gradually increased. I was fairly happy after a few hours of bonding Tui and Tethra. He was still nipping her when he could, but in some ways she seemed to be viewing this as a game and always managed to hop away. So after around 10 hours I opened up the rest of the run accommodation and also the shed. These areas were previously Tethra's and none had been vinegared. There was no change in their behaviour. Don't forget also that, if there are problems, you can always go back to where they were for a while longer.

I think the fact they have played in the kitchen with no detrimental effect is good. What I would suggest is that you do it at a time when you can watch them carefully for a while afterwards. Thursday to me seems ample time based on what I can judge from here :)

They look so happy together, love Dennis, sounds like he's really brought all 3 together with his persistent hair washes. Maybe he was a hair dresser in a previous life :?....

Today's progress. Do you think I can relax a little tonight? I need a stiff drink!
a82289e92f0ae6062cac52e9af1117e0.jpg
d18c5a832cc50d72ced9282539e05018.jpg
500df1e5ee784e55a1cfe660314489a9.jpg
e484d4927e0f7c0e6cfd1ceca34c9c57.jpg

Back