• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Toby today!

Good for you. I like that you've found your own way with this. I agree it seems lovely dennis had found his place at the bottom (sensible boy) - Maple & Toby still have some working out to do. As you now I broke a few rules during bonding & it worked out for us - eventually. They seem to be sharing their former space well. Off to work for 12 hours but will be sending lots of bonding vibes xx
Thank you :( I'm not giving up, even if it takes longer. I think we all need a break for a few hours. I knew it was too good to be true!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

:(

So I have decided to take them out of the utility room and back upstairs.

I have three spaces now. I'm going to separate then when I go out and rotate each time. When im here thry will all be in the middle area. I might keep dennis in the middle as he's neutral. The reason I decided to go back upstairs is that if Toby starts humping they have the area to escape him. At least this way I can go to work knowing they are all safe.

Dennis has really had enough, all he wants it sit quietly and eat noms. He has a bad cut under his eye too so he's had some metacam. The issue is between Maple and Toby. Maple is fed up of being humped and nips him which turns into a brawl. :( I'm not giving up yet although I am so worried about these injures. I hope they don't develop any abscesses.

I wish I could talk to Toby and tell him this is all for him, so he can have a long stasis free life. I know that If they wasn't here he would stasis. He enjoys company yet has to be the boss. :(

Good luck Loobers :) No-one is trying harder than you with your bubbas.

You deserve all the luck in the world :love:

I think like J&B you are doing the right thing, sending loads more bonding vibes.

Me too. I think it's important that they each have space to "get away" if necessary.

In my recent bonding, it worked because Tui could outrun Tethra when he nipped and she wasn't interested in getting angry with him about it.

With Toby and Maple it would seem that Toby needs to find humping her no longer necessary and/or Maple needs to be able to put up with it for a while.

Sending lots of vibes for them and hugs for you.

Aww no, bunnies what are you doing?!?!

I also agree that you're doing the right thing. Hopefully Toby will eventually get the urge to keep humping out of his system. Just a thought, but perhaps Maple felt more cornered in the smaller room and so lashed out. If she knows she has more room to run away she might not react so aggressively.

I still think there's hope for them to bond given how well they'd been getting on so far. Sounds like it's mainly Toby and Maple who need to iron out their issues.

Finally, lots of hugs for you as well. I can imagine it must feel demoralising that they've kicked off after they'd been doing so well [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I have read all your replies. I'm just mentally knackered tonight. I just them so much, especially my handsome little pip squeak Toby. I want him to be happy xx x

Hey hang in there. You love your buns and are doing every thing humanly possible to keep them well and happy. One step at a time.....stuff interferes with the best laid plans and we just have to bend with it, work a way round it. Keep your chin up x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I'm shocked to read this, Loobers. I thought all was looking positive but this came as a shock. I am in awe of the patience you have and with your skill and love and patience, I am sure that things will slowly work out. I have nothing but admiration for you and I'm sending you positive bonding vibes and hope the situation calms down. x

Continuing to send you positive bonding vibes for u and buns I really hope it works out - have you actually told Toby it's all for him to have a stasis free life! U know ur buns and will therefore do right by them

Thank you. Craig your posts are always so lovely, thanks for that. I found another cut on Tobys cheek, I noticed it as his face looked a bit lop sided. It's not swollen just where the scab is poking the fur up.

Why can't I have a simple hobby. Like golf? :D

Hey hang in there. You love your buns and are doing every thing humanly possible to keep them well and happy. One step at a time.....stuff interferes with the best laid plans and we just have to bend with it, work a way round it. Keep your chin up x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Thanks Julia. I will keep at it! But maybe not for a few hours. They are all in the wars!

Continuing to send you positive bonding vibes for u and buns I really hope it works out - have you actually told Toby it's all for him to have a stasis free life! U know ur buns and will therefore do right by them
It's so stressful!!

We camped on a mattress around the house when we moved out of the master bedroom.

We turnt the master bedroom into a huge bunny play zone designed for Millie and Toby.

Millie unexpectedly passed away leaving Toby on his own.

Toby goes into stasis three times and now gets gas from his stomach slowing down. Discovers he has heart condition so he's on life medicine for that.

Need friend for Toby asap. No luck, went to a small rescue got Maple. Had to vaccinate and neuter her myself. Had her cancer removed.

Slow bond with Toby side by side.

Still camping on matress - too scared to do any DIY in our new bedroom incase sets him off. Had to start bunny garden project so I can put them outside for DIY.

Mum doesn't want Dennis anymore. Dennis goes in Tobys old bedroom. Couldn't put Dennis in Tobys room for fear of stressing Toby.

3 months slow bond and Toby and Maple are the ones brawling!!

This has been an unexpected stressful journey

Sending lots of hugs. I hope things start to calm down soon.

How did the bond progress between Toby and Millie?

Sending lots of hugs. I hope things start to calm down soon.

How did the bond progress between Toby and Millie?
I just put them together! They did have a fall out for four months so I kept them separate and I rotated their accommodations (like im doing now). One day I was cleaning them out and they just flopped down together. Then I never separated them and they was back in love

I'm so sorry to read that Maple and Toby are having issues. I'm glad, however, you've found a solution that works for you going forward. Blood being drawn is always a concern, but it doesn't necessarily mean the bond can't and won't work in the end. Neo was having issues in the outdoor quintet (and he was a pig to medicate! He doesn't even like metacam!) but he's still there. I know Athena drew blood from him in the early stages, but those 2 are fine together now. With the injuries, it's just a case of monitoring them and keeping them clean, but you do know what you're doing and have their best interests at heart.

It may take longer than you anticipated, but I fully believe you'll get there in time.

Back