• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good signs or bad signs? Remove the divider?

Jaspar0205

Young Bun
Hey it's me again.

So today, I let Jaspar and Luna out their cages around 9am with the divider up, however I left for work around 15:00 and finished around 21:00 and my mum said she'll keep an eye out fo them (I usually let them stay out if there is someone to keep a eye on them). However on my way home I got a call that the divider was pushed over and they were meeting face to face (neither one of us are sure if they have mounted each other).

Now heres my question, should I let the dividers down every now and then? She always pulls and chews the dividers when they're up to get to him but whenever he gets close she runs away.
They seem to be okay but there is chasing happening about ever 10 or so minutes and I know that chasing is normal.
A couple of times I have seen Jaspar corner Luna but they both lay there heads down and they stay like that for about 30 secs or so and then she darts off.
Of course I want them to be rabbits and do what they're supposed to do but I also dont want any major harm done.

She is NOT spayed but he IS neutered.

Im just not sure and of course I want whats best for my bunnies.
Here's a couple o pictures that might help you understand
https://jasparluna0205.imgbb.com/

Couldn't get the photo! You could remove the divider if you feel it is frustrating them, but someone will have to be there in case one attacks the other. You will have to get over the chasing stage anyway, whether it is sooner or later, imo.

I know that the chasing will happen either way and I'm not too worried about that. Having someone there is a bit of a issue since everyone has a job and even if I let them out once I get back which would only be 3-4 hours, Luna is still energetic and pulls on the bars at night while Jaspar just rests.

Last night she mounted his head (poor little fella) and he retaliated quite badly, no biting or anything but now she wont go near him or runs away from him when he gets close without the divider but once it's up, shes biting it trying to get to him, grooms him and lays down next to him but thats only when it's up.
Im just wondering if it best to wait until shes spayed to remove the divider. I took her to the vet too see they can tell her age but they couldn't as she was way too nervous.

It sounds like he wants to be dominant which is a good sign imo. She needs to be a little wary of him at first.

Back