• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warning- This is NOT a Vaccine and it WILL NOT Protect a Rabbit from Myxo/RHD1+2

I am horrified that anyone, especially an animal lover, would think 'buyer beware' is an appropriate attitude to have for this sort of thing! It's not like you're just wasting your money and no harm done, you're wasting money and potentially having animals die unnecessarily because of it!

They are clearly offering a product under the guise that it may help protect rabbits against these diseases, when frankly you could pour it down the sink and it will help exactly as much. It may include homeopathic nosodes along with herbs, but because homeopathy is based on diluting to an extent that none of the original ingredient remains, it's not just herbs, it's herbs in a water and alcohol mixture. It makes me absolutely mad that these things are sold; at best it's completely irresponsible and at worst it's fraudulent IMO.

Spot on Alison.

The harm being done is that someone may choose not to vaccinate and try this.... which means they are laid completely open to all three viruses.

Vaccination with the recognised vaccines is the only way to protect - period.

Absolutely agree :D

I don't defend 'this sort of practice' either :thumb:

Except of course that I think this product falls into a similar category and you clearly don't, as you have been defending it in this thread! I'm not going to bother commenting further as I've said everything I think needs to be said and I'm not going to start a pointless argument over semantics. I simply don't want anyone to have the wool pulled over their eyes and think they can use a product like this instead of a proven, effective vaccine. For the reasons I've already said, I don't think we can rely on people to be able to work it out for themselves. And therefore IMO the only effective way to achieve that is to not allow products like these, which have no proof of effectiveness, to be advertised.

Except of course that I think this product falls into a similar category and you clearly don't, as you have been defending it in this thread! I'm not going to bother commenting further as I've said everything I think needs to be said and I'm not going to start a pointless argument over semantics. I simply don't want anyone to have the wool pulled over their eyes and think they can use a product like this instead of a proven, effective vaccine. For the reasons I've already said, I don't think we can rely on people to be able to work it out for themselves. And therefore IMO the only effective way to achieve that is to not allow products like these, which have no proof of effectiveness, to be advertised.

Couldn't agree more. People find it hard enough to understand food labelling etc so something like this will simply confuse and I think has the potential to result in fatalities

You've stated you believe this to be fraud, so perhaps best if you report it as such and get it completely removed from the market. I for one would be glad of that - it's not something I would ever use or recommend.

The label on the product says that it's not been tested and shown to work AT ALL!

Therefore, as no vet (homeopathic or otherwise) would recommend it, anyone who finds it would have had to purposely seek it out and choose to buy it. One could assume therefore that those persons would have the cognitive skills to be able to read the label and understand it. And consequently make up their own mind :)

Sadly, everyone in the Universe cannot be protected or wrapped in cotton wool.

Perhaps you should re-read my responses as I have not been defending the product.
You have been insinuating that, not I :D

:? Er, no she hasn't. She has categorically stated that she would not endorse this product and would not use it either and in fact will continue to go to her vet and use the correct, authorised and validated vaccines. How the hell is that endorsing it?! You have made that bit up completely, Santa, so kindly amend your post.

And as MM has said, if you feel so strongly about something being on the market which is so completely inefficient and yet claims to be the opposite and as such will put rabbits' lives at risk because their owners aren't as, I dunno, au fait with stuff like that as perhaps we are, possibly simply just because they're new to rabbit husbandry - do something proactive such as get onto Trading Standards instead of blathering about it on here, as moaning about it on here won't do a jot of good, will it?!

Last edited:
Nope, MM was defo not endorsing this product at all! Quite the opposite and I agree, people can't be wrapped in cotton wool. There is an onus on pet owners to check things like alternative trwatments out ourselves with the vet also if not sure. Alternative vet treatments such as homeopathy defo have their place and but this product , which is a herbal thing defo needs removed from saLe as is dangerously misleading.

You've stated you believe this to be fraud, so perhaps best if you report it as such and get it completely removed from the market. I for one would be glad of that - it's not something I would ever use or recommend.

The label on the product says that it's not been tested and shown to work AT ALL!

Therefore, as no vet (homeopathic or otherwise) would recommend it, anyone who finds it would have had to purposely seek it out and choose to buy it. One could assume therefore that those persons would have the cognitive skills to be able to read the label and understand it. And consequently make up their own mind :)

Sadly, everyone in the Universe cannot be protected or wrapped in cotton wool.

Perhaps you should re-read my responses as I have not been defending the product.
You have been insinuating that, not I :D
You haven't. You've been fair, and factual.

I think everyone's gotta make up their own minds about what they decide to use. You're right you can't protect everyone. Also if there's a call for something someone will always make it. Some people are against normal vaccines and stuff don't ask me why I'm not one of them. But these people exist - maybe you should have to take a test and get a license to purchase any animal, wouldn't be the worst thing ever [emoji38]

You've have to be looking for this to find it I think. Meaning you are looking for an alternative to what's vet recommended. I'd love if it didn't exist.. But that's true of so many things animal related and not.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I don’t think putting ‘this isn’t proven to work’ on is really good enough! I mean no one would think it acceptable if I started selling water with some random herbs waved in it as ‘rabbit easy bonding potion’ just because i said in the fine print it wasn’t proven to work! It’s damaging and dangerous.

I don’t think putting ‘this isn’t proven to work’ on is really good enough! I mean no one would think it acceptable if I started selling water with some random herbs waved in it as ‘rabbit easy bonding potion’ just because i said in the fine print it wasn’t proven to work! It’s damaging and dangerous.
It's not good enough really, but technically you could do that..

It's not good enough really, but technically you could do that..

And that is the sad truth in it all. Because the 'product' covers itself with the woolly 'may help' and because it also says it hasn't been tested, it unfortunately covers their backs when probable deaths occur when used in lieu of the rigorously tested conventional vaccines we get from the vets.

Homeopathy does have its place in medicine, both human and animal. Using it in conjunction with traditional medicine isn't always a bad thing. Besides all courses of treatment start somewhere.

This is one of those cases where I hope potential consumers do read the fine print and/or use in conjunction with the vaccinations from the vet. I wish more people would actually vaccinate their rabbits against RHD1, RHD2 and myxi in this country. However, that isn't even necessarily seen as the 'norm' in many people's eyes. Rabbit care has a long way to go (as a whole) and we can all only do our best.

Spot on Alison.

The harm being done is that someone may choose not to vaccinate and try this.... which means they are laid completely open to all three viruses.

Vaccination with the recognised vaccines is the only way to protect - period.

Good to see you posting again after over two years ;)

:? Er, no she hasn't. She has categorically stated that she would not endorse this product and would not use it either and in fact will continue to go to her vet and use the correct, authorised and validated vaccines. How the hell is that endorsing it?! You have made that bit up completely, Santa, so kindly amend your post.

And as MM has said, if you feel so strongly about something being on the market which is so completely inefficient and yet claims to be the opposite and as such will put rabbits' lives at risk because their owners aren't as, I dunno, au fait with stuff like that as perhaps we are, possibly simply just because they're new to rabbit husbandry - do something proactive such as get onto Trading Standards instead of blathering about it on here, as moaning about it on here won't do a jot of good, will it?!

:thumb:

It's good to have your viewpoint, as an external observer.

Hi Lou :D If only there were a 'Rabbit Easy Bond Potion' !! :lol: I could certainly have made very good use of it over the years.

Unfortunately it seems that people can sell all sorts of concoctions and as has been seen all too often naive people can be badly mislead. The outcome is often not good :cry:

Last night I emailed Trading Standards highlighting my concerns about this specific product. I have also flagged it up to other potentially interested parties.

Nope, MM was defo not endorsing this product at all! Quite the opposite and I agree, people can't be wrapped in cotton wool. There is an onus on pet owners to check things like alternative trwatments out ourselves with the vet also if not sure. Alternative vet treatments such as homeopathy defo have their place and but this product , which is a herbal thing defo needs removed from saLe as is dangerously misleading.

Thanks Nicky - a voice of common sense :)

I agree, people have to check these things out for themselves. With anything, for example Paracetamol, there's a possibility that some people will not realise the dangers of overdose. Reading the packet/info on the website/ bottle or doing your own research is vital these days. And with the Internet it's so easy to find out info :)

Hi Lou :D If only there were a 'Rabbit Easy Bond Potion' !! :lol: I could certainly have made very good use of it over the years.

Unfortunately it seems that people can sell all sorts of concoctions and as has been seen all too often naive people can be badly mislead. The outcome is often not good :cry:

Last night I emailed Trading Standards highlighting my concerns about this specific product. I have also flagged it up to other potentially interested parties.

Good. Let's hope they do something about it like either getting it taken off the market altogether, or at least making it very well known that it's rubbish.

On a general point, having a debate about something on a social website is all well and good but unless folk make an actual stand and are proactive about something - like reporting it to the relevant bodies - it's a complete waste of time. So I'm glad Jane has done exactly that. I couldn't as I don't know the full facts etc. so can't.

But getting personal and calling other members of the said site out for supporting said product when they clearly haven't, is completely wrong. On that note, I see no apology nor amendment of that particular post by Santa has yet been done.

Last edited:
Good. Let's hope they do something about it like either getting it taken off the market altogether, or at least making it very well known that it's rubbish.

On a general point, having a debate about something on a social website is all well and good but unless folk make an actual stand and are proactive about something - like reporting it to the relevant bodies - it's a complete waste of time. But getting personal and calling other members of the said site out for supporting said product when they clearly haven't, is completely wrong. On that note, I see no apology nor amendment of that particular post by Santa has yet been done.
Yea I agree with this - doesn't have to get nasty :)

I doubt an email from me will make any difference, but if other people/organisations also state concerns the impact may be greater.

Back