• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guess who’s got a Dutch bunny again?!

Me!!

fbbbe482f1f4895ffbd4cc1d4e0a48d2.jpg

5706f9b7ab091c4b8c088ed9ddfa59a0.jpg

Meet my new bunny! I adopted him from BARC last night and he is absolutely lovely. I arrived at BARC not knowing which rabbit I’d be coming home with and honestly I’d of taken all 3 single boys if I could have! This little guy however has been waiting for a home the longest (no idea why?!) and he was also the bun who kept begging for head rubs so it felt right to choose him. Not only is he super sweet but I also thought he’d be best suited personality wise to live with my pair.

As some of you know I’ve had a few dutch bunnies in the past (Jasper who this bun is the absolute double of, Blossom and Hector who were black Dutches and the Theo my tri Dutch) but it’s been over 3 years since I lost Hector my last one. It’s lovely to have one in the garden again! His name at the rescue was Robinson which is lovely but when I adopt a new pet I like to give them a new name so I’m open to suggestions! Quite like Oscar, Robin, Finn and Otis but nothing is sticking! Anyway here he is :love:

e0cd33fc093857b378f01f4721935e1c.jpg

662538e1182942ff204cc336199fd9c0.jpg

490a78c3b5a72e52ea88bce6ea4db076.jpg

Last edited:
Wowsers- what a handsome beautifully marked little fella. Oooh he's just gorgeous. Oscars a nice name - I like that. Can't wait to read what you decide to call him. He's adorable.

He's gorgeous! Meadow and Neo are my first dutches and I didn't know what I'd been missing all this time!

For name suggestions, I love Arlie - it's an Anglo-Saxon name meaning "from the rabbit meadow". Or Howell (Celtic, "little, alert one") And I just noticed that Thomas is Hebrew for "the twin"... given he is the spit of one of your bridge dutches!

Yes I am the kind of person with a baby name book for naming fictional characters. (And Erasmus Chipper. ;))

He's gorgeous and I'm hoping that the bond will go super smoothly. I like the name Thomas as well. Another option would be Silas.

Oh he's so lovely! I do have a soft spot for dutchies. Would really love one to hop into my life one day ❤️❤️❤️ And it looks like he's making friends already [emoji3]

I must say I do like the suggestions of Oscar and Thomas for names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M&TM, what a lovely little Dutch boy he seems to be making friends already

For name suggestions, I love Arlie - it's an Anglo-Saxon name meaning "from the rabbit meadow". Or Howell (Celtic, "little, alert one") And I just noticed that Thomas is Hebrew for "the twin"... given he is the spit of one of your bridge dutches!

I utterly love the Arlie and the Howell meanings

Oh wonderful. Just commented on your post in rabbits in need. I have noticed him on the barc website for a while. How gorgeous he is and how glad I am that we will get to see pics of him.

He and your white fluffer are like my two housies

126fbrp.jpg

Thank you everyone and thanks for the name suggestions, some great ones! :) Still undecided though.

Oh he just has to bond with my others! Spent ages cuddling him and he was nuzzling right under my chin and licked my cheek, he is just perfect. :love:

He looks beautiful. Clever bunny licking you- you will never give him up! Good luck with the bond but I've watched your super helpful videos and if it can be achieved you will be able to help it happen.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Licking your cheek? Well, he's kind of asking if he can stay. You've clearly made the little chap realise he's in a special home with loads of love. It's a very special bond you have created. Lovely.

Back