• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered bonded pair: Humping

I have two rabbits Finn & Myrtle. They have both been neutered for well over 5 months (Finn was fixed nearly a year ago). However Finn just will not stop humping Myrtle. They have been pre bonded and bonded and they seemed fairly ok until this week. I was away last week and the humping has gotten worse while I was away. Myrtle is honking and is not enjoying it.
I am not sure what to do because it doesn't seem to matter how long they are parted for, Finn will not leave her alone. Its not aggressive humping, its very slow and almost as if Finn is just running on instinct whenever Myrtle is near him. i just don't know what to do as I have gone by the book as far as bonding goes and have been doing the process for the past 5 months. The bonding process itself was very easy, no fights and both like to be together (or did), shear food bowls, litter tray and groom each other ok. However its been since I have been away Finns behaviour has changed....
What is the best course to action? I will have to rehome Myrtle if I can't get this resolved.

I have read of a few similar incidents recently so not to worry - it's Spring fever! My friend came down yesterday saying her boy was humping the girl. Give them lots of hay and if she isn't getting upset by it, just let them get on with it and hopefully it will soon pass.

I have read of a few similar incidents recently so not to worry - it's Spring fever! My friend came down yesterday saying her boy was humping the girl. Give them lots of hay and if she isn't getting upset by it, just let them get on with it and hopefully it will soon pass.

I was going to post something similar to this. I would try distraction with food and just keep an eye to make sure that Myrtle is not too distressed by it. Hopefully the behaviour will soon stop.

Same thing here too. Bob has never tried anything before- bonded last July, but tried humping Boogie's head last night !shock! She was not impressed. Just hoping it is a time of year thing and will pass. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Ok thank you!! :wave:

I did wonder if it was the time of year or not. I parted them last night to give poor Myrtle a rest and will put them together today.

Finn is a randy sod anyway so when the suns out it not helping :lol:

Back