• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carrotgate

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I gave Joey, Boo & Mouse a stick of carrot this morning. Boo squirrelled hers & promptly stole Mouses's. Mouse ran to Joey & asked if she could have his carrot. He said no. So Mouse gave Joey the humping of his life, pulled some fur & then ate his carrot.

This is Mouse seeking dominance over Joe ? Is it weird she has gone straight for top bunny ? I'm pretty sure she wouldn't try it with Boo. Previous hierarchy has always been joe at the top, Boo in the middle (though she likes to think shes top bun I don't think she is) & mouseypie at the bottom.

Any thoughts on this?

although she really is a full on, no nonesense humper. I'd give up my carrot I think.

In normal life Joey tries it on with Mouse & Boo. Boo sometimes lets him, Mouse never has ("keep yourself nice Mouseypie")

It's common for dynamics to change from time to time, but underlying illness is the main factor so maybe keep an extra close eye on Joey incase there is something underlying we don't know about going on.

It's the only thing I can think that would cause such a sudden change x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Oh no - I hope he isn't poorly :( I'll go back to your she really likes carrot theory . She has humped him a couple of times previously, once when he'd been in hospital & then about 18 months ago but I don't know what instigated that or what she stood to gain

My thoughts would be the same as dp's initial ones i.e. it's the love of carrot :) I think you would need to see other examples of similar behaviour to judge whether Mouse is seeking dominance over Joe. It also seems that the time of year and the effect on hormones could be complicating the issue.

thanks for your contribution too Omi. I half expected this thread not to get answers at all as its so random. I shall let you know if we have any further disorder in the ranks with Mouseypie humpings - she's so funny

We always assume Aboleth is top bun because she gets her own way (mostly because Lopsy's too daft to do otherwise!) and she can have a proper hump-fest on him, but he doesn't always back down and he'll give her a good bite if she humps his face too much: we always feel mch more sorry for Lopsy in those situations! Normally Aboleth only does it when she doesn't get her own way: when she thinks there's food she doesn't have, or she's upset about something (a strange bird noise, paddle-boarders, next door not inviting her to their parties etc.; basically when we don't think there's any reason). Definitely carrot is a good humping starter if there's not enough to go round!

Ah, and Aboleth is good at stashing her treats (FibreFirst usually) and then stealing Lopsy's but he's pretty good at running and eating :lol: He doesn't usually retaliate with humping these days :)

2 pieces?!?

I love Boo.

Would you like her? She is in my bad books today

YNcVPSWl.jpg

v6sfGUTl.jpg

Thank You for loving her . I love that you love her

Would you like her? She is in my bad books today

YNcVPSWl.jpg
[/IMG]

v6sfGUTl.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank You for loving her . I love that you love her

yes please. She can live indoors with these two

33zeiw5.jpg

Hopefully there is enough room in the forage tin

126fbrp.jpg

23to20n.jpg

awww, how lovely would they all look together. Would probably beat the poop out of them though & she isn't the tidiest house guest . She does like her forage though. Its not fair you have double the amount of rabbits that I do

They would make a super cute trio!

Twice the rabbits means twice the poop and twice the hay bills ... Mousie pie looks a bit like my Snowflake

3461i87.jpg

He is a bit of a fave of mine and a right softy.

Snowflake reminds me of my bridge bun Noodle crossed with Mouseypie. I really like your quad - the way they all hang out together when free ranging is so cool

Thank you. I love the way that they often sit or lie down together. Usually close enough to be touching.

Back