Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrotgate

Default Carrotgate

I gave Joey, Boo & Mouse a stick of carrot this morning. Boo squirrelled hers & promptly stole Mouses's. Mouse ran to Joey & asked if she could have his carrot. He said no. So Mouse gave Joey the humping of his life, pulled some fur & then ate his carrot.

This is Mouse seeking dominance over Joe ? Is it weird she has gone straight for top bunny ? I'm pretty sure she wouldn't try it with Boo. Previous hierarchy has always been joe at the top, Boo in the middle (though she likes to think shes top bun I don't think she is) & mouseypie at the bottom.

Any thoughts on this?

She just really likes carrot?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    She just really likes carrot?

but she really likes all food - she is a greedy Mouse. For Joey to give up his carrot was weird too

although she really is a full on, no nonesense humper. I'd give up my carrot I think.

In normal life Joey tries it on with Mouse & Boo. Boo sometimes lets him, Mouse never has ("keep yourself nice Mouseypie")

It's common for dynamics to change from time to time, but underlying illness is the main factor so maybe keep an extra close eye on Joey incase there is something underlying we don't know about going on.

It's the only thing I can think that would cause such a sudden change x

Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Oh no - I hope he isn't poorly I'll go back to your she really likes carrot theory . She has humped him a couple of times previously, once when he'd been in hospital & then about 18 months ago but I don't know what instigated that or what she stood to gain

Wise Old Thumper

My thoughts would be the same as dp's initial ones i.e. it's the love of carrot I think you would need to see other examples of similar behaviour to judge whether Mouse is seeking dominance over Joe. It also seems that the time of year and the effect on hormones could be complicating the issue.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

thanks for your contribution too Omi. I half expected this thread not to get answers at all as its so random. I shall let you know if we have any further disorder in the ranks with Mouseypie humpings - she's so funny

Alpha Buck

I can’t suggest anything else other than time of year madness, but I love your title ‘carrot gate’ brill!

We always assume Aboleth is top bun because she gets her own way (mostly because Lopsy's too daft to do otherwise!) and she can have a proper hump-fest on him, but he doesn't always back down and he'll give her a good bite if she humps his face too much: we always feel mch more sorry for Lopsy in those situations! Normally Aboleth only does it when she doesn't get her own way: when she thinks there's food she doesn't have, or she's upset about something (a strange bird noise, paddle-boarders, next door not inviting her to their parties etc.; basically when we don't think there's any reason). Definitely carrot is a good humping starter if there's not enough to go round!

Ah, and Aboleth is good at stashing her treats (FibreFirst usually) and then stealing Lopsy's but he's pretty good at running and eating He doesn't usually retaliate with humping these days
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.