Thread: Moulting and. pro-biotic pellets

Default Moulting and. pro-biotic pellets

My wee Bertie has had a big moult. Hi
    I've noticed his poos looking a bit small, and wonder if pro-biotic pellets would help his digestion. I have a full, unopened tub that I bought for my late rabbit, Spenser, who had a sprinkling of pro-biotic daily. I haven't given them to Bertie because he is far less fussy than Spenser.

I’ve never used them, bumping up for you.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

We use them for ours for exactly the same reason. Bella is having quite a moult at the moment so she’s having about 4-5 pro-biotic pellets added to her normal pellets and she’s been doing great! We checked with our vet and they were happy for us to give them!
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthyjones89 View Post
    We use them for ours for exactly the same reason. Bella is having quite a moult at the moment so she’s having about 4-5 pro-biotic pellets added to her normal pellets and she’s been doing great! We checked with our vet and they were happy for us to give them!
    Thanks. I have given some to Bertie. They were well received!

My rabbits generally seem ok but I’m trying to give them the healthiest diet possible, there’s no health problems. Do you think a pro-biotic could be beneficial even if there’s no health issues?

Archie - born October 2010
    Izzy - born July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
    My rabbits generally seem ok but I’m trying to give them the healthiest diet possible, there’s no health problems. Do you think a pro-biotic could be beneficial even if there’s no health issues?
    I'm not sure, to be honest. My late bunny, Spenser, had a delicate digestion and was recommended them when poorly. He then came to expect a daily sprinkling of pro-fibre! If you search for other threads on use of them as supplement you'll probably find mixed opinions.