• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting and. pro-biotic pellets

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
My wee Bertie has had a big moult. Hi
I've noticed his poos looking a bit small, and wonder if pro-biotic pellets would help his digestion. I have a full, unopened tub that I bought for my late rabbit, Spenser, who had a sprinkling of pro-biotic daily. I haven't given them to Bertie because he is far less fussy than Spenser.

We use them for ours for exactly the same reason. Bella is having quite a moult at the moment so she’s having about 4-5 pro-biotic pellets added to her normal pellets and she’s been doing great! We checked with our vet and they were happy for us to give them!

We use them for ours for exactly the same reason. Bella is having quite a moult at the moment so she’s having about 4-5 pro-biotic pellets added to her normal pellets and she’s been doing great! We checked with our vet and they were happy for us to give them!

Thanks. I have given some to Bertie. They were well received!

My rabbits generally seem ok but I’m trying to give them the healthiest diet possible, there’s no health problems. Do you think a pro-biotic could be beneficial even if there’s no health issues?

My rabbits generally seem ok but I’m trying to give them the healthiest diet possible, there’s no health problems. Do you think a pro-biotic could be beneficial even if there’s no health issues?

I'm not sure, to be honest. My late bunny, Spenser, had a delicate digestion and was recommended them when poorly. He then came to expect a daily sprinkling of pro-fibre! If you search for other threads on use of them as supplement you'll probably find mixed opinions.

Back