• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tui's spay is booked - She's OK :)

Sorry I missed this. A million vibes for an uneventful spay & smooth recovery. Nose bumps for your beautiful girlie & brave boy

Many thanks for your vibes and best wishes. I've just dropped them both off at the vets :(

I should get an update at 3pm.

The waiting is so hard. All being well will they be home tonight or does your vet like to keep them overnight?

Sending lots of vibes for Tui xx

The waiting for news is awful [emoji17]I hope you'll be able to keep yourself busy today so you can take your mind off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The waiting is so hard. All being well will they be home tonight or does your vet like to keep them overnight?

When I discussed the spay with my vet a couple of weeks ago she said she likes to keep them overnight. Yes, the waiting is very hard :(

Sending lots of vibes for Tui xx

The waiting for news is awful [emoji17]I hope you'll be able to keep yourself busy today so you can take your mind off it.

Thanks very much for your vibes. Yes, it's slightly helpful to do this. I've got everything out of the shed and am giving it all a super clean. It's become a bit manky over the last week or so with Tui's spraying. I can't imagine they will be very pleased with the different smell though :)

About an hour and a quarter left to wait. Not that I am clock watching or anything ..............

Elsa says she is currently eating double her normal amount, she claims to be 'deputising' for her 'sister' Tui's current state of being asleep and thus unable to do what they both do best....eat...........eat..........eat and not to forget, eat !!

I think giving the bunnies' accommodation a deep clean is a time honoured RU distraction technique when they're off having their spays and neuters!

About an hour and a quarter left to wait. Not that I am clock watching or anything ..............

Elsa says she is currently eating double her normal amount, she claims to be 'deputising' for her 'sister' Tui's current state of being asleep and thus unable to do what they both do best....eat...........eat..........eat and not to forget, eat !![/QUOTE]

:lol:

There was a new vet nurse, who checked them in. It was a young man, whom I was actually quite reassured by, as he, to me anyway, exhibited just the right balance between professionalism and caring attitude. I think he will be assisting during the op. He said that as Tui's was abdominal, it would be classed as "clean" surgery and so she would be done early in the list. He did give a slight smile though when I produced a cardboard box with their picnic for the day. OH had written "Miss Tui and Master Tethra" on the outside :love:

There was a new vet nurse, who checked them in. It was a young man, whom I was actually quite reassured by, as he, to me anyway, exhibited just the right balance between professionalism and caring attitude. I think he will be assisting during the op. He said that as Tui's was abdominal, it would be classed as "clean" surgery and so she would be done early in the list. He did give a slight smile though when I produced a cardboard box with their picnic for the day.

Oh bless !! :love:

Tui is OK, but sleepy as she's not long been awake. Anaesthetic and op went well and took 25 minutes. They seemed to be suggesting that she might be OK to come home this evening, but I need to phone again at 5pm.

Tethra is also OK and eating :)

I'd better finish off the shed :shock:

Tui is OK, but sleepy as she's not long been awake. Anaesthetic and op went well and took 25 minutes. They seemed to be suggesting that she might be OK to come home this evening, but I need to phone again at 5pm.

Tethra is also OK and eating :)

I'd better finish off the shed :shock:

*AND BREATHE*.............................. !!!

Well done Tui :D And brave lad Tethra for continuing to eat whilst having to hang about in your least favourite place.

I'm now sending start eating and pooping vibes for Tui :love:

She's a lot more awake so I can pick them up at quarter to six. No details about eating and pooing, but they must be happy with her. I'll update when I get them home :)

Back