• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tui's spay is booked - She's OK :)

Thank you all for thinking of us and Tui says thanks for the encouragement :love:

She's starting to eat more now, but still only hay and kale with any enthusiasm. She looks more normal now too :) Poos still being produced and only slightly smaller and slightly darker.

Tethra has been very attentive and has been giving her bountiful head licks. Fortunately they have been gentle licks and have not led to any humping :) He actually allowed me to stroke him for quite a while yesterday evening. I don't know how I feel about being appreciated only when he's been severely stressed :lol:

It sounds as though her recovery is going well :D Her poos will be a bit smaller/darker than normal due to a combination of eating less and the drugs used for her GA . I expect you will find that her eating will gradually return to normal over the next 24 hours. She may have a few times where-by she appears to be very quiet/sleepy again, but dont get frightened by that. Tethra sounds to be being a real support to her :love:

Aww well done Tui, really pleased to read your appetite is starting to come back [emoji3]

I've just remembered that after Scrappy had her spay the combination of the stress of the op, the drugs and the fact that it took her a couple of days to start eating hay inevitably resulted in an horrendously messy bottom. Although she did have a bit of a sensitive tummy anyway, it's probably worth keeping an eye on that especially at this time of the year.

Aww well done Tui, really pleased to read your appetite is starting to come back [emoji3]

I've just remembered that after Scrappy had her spay the combination of the stress of the op, the drugs and the fact that it took her a couple of days to start eating hay inevitably resulted in an horrendously messy bottom. Although she did have a bit of a sensitive tummy anyway, it's probably worth keeping an eye on that especially at this time of the year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, yes I'll watch out for that. While she was drowsy at the vets she urinated and the plant pigments in her urine has coloured some of her fur orange. Added to that the disinfectant used for the surgery was yellow and that has also stained her fur. So we have a multi-coloured Tui :)

She's continuing to improve rapidly with her eating. Her new favourite atm is Herb Robert :)

Her weight at the surgery yesterday was 3.3kg :D:shock:

Thanks, yes I'll watch out for that. While she was drowsy at the vets she urinated and the plant pigments in her urine has coloured some of her fur orange. Added to that the disinfectant used for the surgery was yellow and that has also stained her fur. So we have a multi-coloured Tui :)

She's continuing to improve rapidly with her eating. Her new favourite atm is Herb Robert :)

Her weight at the surgery yesterday was 3.3kg :D:shock:

Flippin' 'eck my back garden has been taken over by that !! I had no idea what it was til I consulted RU.

Glad to hear that Tui is eating more enthusiastically.

Elsa is 3.8kg now, so Tui is definitely catching her up. Lets hope they dont enter a race for the 5kg mark...................:shock:

I'm glad that Master Tethra is being a dutiful husbun for Miss Tui during her recovery period. I'm glad she's eating, even if only a little. Hopefully as time passes, she will regain enthusiasm for eating.

Sending vibes, nevertheless. :love: xxx

Flippin' 'eck my back garden has been taken over by that !! I had no idea what it was til I consulted RU.

Elsa is 3.8kg now, so Tui is definitely catching her up. Lets hope they dont enter a race for the 5kg mark...................:shock:[/QUOTE]

Yes, with 3.3kg + 3.6kg in the carrier yesterday it was quite 'eavy :lol:

:lol: my bunnies add an extra 8k to the carrier weight & it is heavy.So pleased the lady is enjoying more feasts. Hopefully it will give her some energy for cleaning up her beautiful was white fur

Elsa is 3.8kg now, so Tui is definitely catching her up. Lets hope they dont enter a race for the 5kg mark...................:shock:

Yes, with 3.3kg + 3.6kg in the carrier yesterday it was quite 'eavy [emoji38]

So glad she's feeling better :D and yes... I have the heavy carrier issue [emoji38][emoji38] Clementine is 3.6kg and Atticus is 3.1kg currently [emoji38] struggling into the vets from the car is always a challenge haha I'd love to adopt more and bond them all... But the weight! I'd need a trolley for transport [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hurrah for the herb Robert! Clever old Tui making a beeline for one of the really prevalent plants. If round here's anything to go by there's an inexhaustible supply of the stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, thanks, normal eating had resumed by yesterday evening and they both seem fine in themselves :D

Back