Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Ideas for large rabbit run

  1. #1

    Default Ideas for large rabbit run

    Sorry if this is classed as a duplicate post but figured I’d probably ask this in the ‘housing’ section of the forum aswell as the thread about boyles pet housing whom ceased trading on Monday 14th May.

    I have 4 rabbits (2 bonded pairs) living in separate Chartwell double 6ft hutches with the runs permanently attached on concrete. I originally ordered a 12ftx6ftx3ft bespoke run from boyles for the lawn so that it would have a removable separation panel down the middle effectively creating 2 6x6 foot runs for both pairs to be in alongside each other or at other times giving 1 pair the full run of the whole 12 foot run. Was also going to get two runaround tubes to attach to their runs and create free access to each side of the run during the day so that I wouldn’t have to pick them up when moving them to the large run. They aren’t overly keen on being handled so would rather avoid that stress for them. I wanted to offer the buns sand digging pits, tree trunks, hay feeders, toys and wooden furniture (ikea beds) etc inside the run to provide more enrichment for them all.

    Obviously my plans have now been put on hold until I can somehow try and find another large run. I like the idea of buying 2 6ft runs and joining them in the middle with a runaround tube but had my heart set on the idea of the buns being able to zoom around the full 12ft space at times. They are such characters and love to fly around the garden at lightening speed so feel a tube in the middle would restrict a lot of that movement.

    They do have free reign on the garden but have to be supervised heavily and then bought back from the neighbors garden a fair few times (cheeky monkeys) we can’t really close off the little escape ares around the garden because we get a lot of hedgehogs visit at night and we love feeding them and watching them roam the garden 🦔

    Would so grateful for any advice about alternative companies and/or solutions to my rabbit run dilemma and how I can still offer the buns a large safe area to play and be bunnies 🐰

  2. #2
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26,965

    Default

    Your original plan sounds great, it might be worth contacting local joiners or shed/fencing manufactures to see if they can build you what you want.

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi, we had a bespoke run made by Dave at https://www.ukrabbithutches.co.uk. It was a couple of years ago now, but is still going strong. Its a 12ftx6ft run, 3ft high with 4 fully clad removable roof panels. It arrived in good time and came flat packed, but was easy to put together.

    We have also had runs from https://www.homeandroost.co.uk which I've found really good but more 'off the peg', I don't think they do bespoke.

    (Disclaimer: Obviously after your experience with Boyle's it's right to be wary and I can only speak from my own experience with the above ) x

    **created by my DD Lionheadlop**

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Your original plan sounds great, it might be worth contacting local joiners or shed/fencing manufactures to see if they can build you what you want.
    Thank you, may try this first and get an idea of price before looking for something I’ll have to put together myself

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeB's View Post
    Hi, we had a bespoke run made by Dave at https://www.ukrabbithutches.co.uk. It was a couple of years ago now, but is still going strong. Its a 12ftx6ft run, 3ft high with 4 fully clad removable roof panels. It arrived in good time and came flat packed, but was easy to put together.

    We have also had runs from https://www.homeandroost.co.uk which I've found really good but more 'off the peg', I don't think they do bespoke.

    (Disclaimer: Obviously after your experience with Boyle's it's right to be wary and I can only speak from my own experience with the above ) x
    Thanks for the recommendation those prices are really good I think. The 8ftx6ftx3ft is the largest one I can see available. Did you contact him directly for your 12ft version?

    Our hutches and runs were from Home and roost and I’ve seen a 6ft folding run called the ‘Canterbury’ but it’s not even 4ft wide so is a little smaller than I’d like.

    Will contact Dave and get a price for a 12ft version and see if he can put in a removable panel down the middle

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steph2790 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation those prices are really good I think. The 8ftx6ftx3ft is the largest one I can see available. Did you contact him directly for your 12ft version?

    Our hutches and runs were from Home and roost and I’ve seen a 6ft folding run called the ‘Canterbury’ but it’s not even 4ft wide so is a little smaller than I’d like.

    Will contact Dave and get a price for a 12ft version and see if he can put in a removable panel down the middle
    We have the 6ft Chartwell in Large, I think it's 6ftx8ft https://homeandroost.co.uk/product/run-6ft-chartwell/

    Yes, I contacted him via text and email and described what I was after. It cost around £400 if I remember correctly, but prices may have increased since then x

    **created by my DD Lionheadlop**

  7. #7
    Warren Veteran Amy104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    8,002

    Default

    The chartwell runs have a removeable panel at one end so that you can put them flush infront the hutch if you wish. I think they may be screwed but Im sure you could figure a way of making it easier to remove so that you could create a removable divider If you bought 2. You'd only have a small piece of wood in the middle of the 12ft run then which a moving bunny would easily clear. Hope this makes sense!
    I Suffer From Multiple Rabbit Syndrome
    (Because One Rabbit Is Never Enough!)

  8. #8
    Alpha Buck
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Where are you based? There’s a local Nottingham based joined near me who has started making bespoke stuff, Facebook little garden farm. He’s new but I’ve had a couple of bits and it’s good.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amy104 View Post
    The chartwell runs have a removeable panel at one end so that you can put them flush infront the hutch if you wish. I think they may be screwed but Im sure you could figure a way of making it easier to remove so that you could create a removable divider If you bought 2. You'd only have a small piece of wood in the middle of the 12ft run then which a moving bunny would easily clear. Hope this makes sense!
    Genius! Of course why didn’t I think of that lol! Two 6ftx8ft runs work out about £260 which isn’t a bad price at all. Only problem is they have no side doors which would have been nice to let them out of the run for free rein mad hour and coax them back in again but maybe I could bodge something

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CometLucy195 View Post
    Where are you based? There’s a local Nottingham based joined near me who has started making bespoke stuff, Facebook little garden farm. He’s new but I’ve had a couple of bits and it’s good.
    Hi I’m from Sutton in Ashfield, don’t have Facebook though. Do they have a website? Thank you

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •