• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Head Tilt - Vibes for Smudge please

Thank you everyone for taking the the to reply and your kind & useful words, they really have been of great help.

Smudge had some improvement and started being able to get himself on his feet temporarily on Friday/Saturday morning, happily eating grapes and fresh grass by himself. However by Saturday evening he had deteriorated and developed an eye infection so I took him to the vets again. He was dropping rapidly and so the decision was made to end his suffering. The vet felt there was additional neurological complications as he was no longer able to focus or keep his eye from rolling. Perhaps another infection in the brain stem or a stroke from the stress.

Either way, he is no longer suffering and went more peacefully than he perhaps would've. I'm moving his (fortunately completely uncaring!) wife buns so I can deep clean their room and avoid another infection. They will remain on the 28 days of panacur, fingers crossed its all over.

I am so sorry to read this :(

Run free beautiful one x

I', so sorry Smudge has gone. His life was enriched and filled with the love you gave him. Binky free Smudge x

Thank you everyone for taking the the to reply and your kind & useful words, they really have been of great help.

Smudge had some improvement and started being able to get himself on his feet temporarily on Friday/Saturday morning, happily eating grapes and fresh grass by himself. However by Saturday evening he had deteriorated and developed an eye infection so I took him to the vets again. He was dropping rapidly and so the decision was made to end his suffering. The vet felt there was additional neurological complications as he was no longer able to focus or keep his eye from rolling. Perhaps another infection in the brain stem or a stroke from the stress.

Either way, he is no longer suffering and went more peacefully than he perhaps would've. I'm moving his (fortunately completely uncaring!) wife buns so I can deep clean their room and avoid another infection. They will remain on the 28 days of panacur, fingers crossed its all over.

I am so sorry for your loss. There is no reason and sometimes it is just the bunny's time to go to the bridge.

Back