Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonding next weekend worrys

Default Bonding next weekend worrys

I'm getting really nervous now. I just want Toby to be happy :, ( I hope it goes well. If it doesn't he will be very stressed and I'm worried about stasis or his heart condition.

Any tips to make it as least stressful as possible for us all? I'm going to buy a fresh pet remedy for it.

I had a dream last night I was bonding all sorts of bunnys I had in the past so it's obviously on my mind a lot

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie

Wise Old Thumper

It is scary I know! The only tip I can come up with is to try to remain calm, maybe have a little music on low, have plenty of boxes or other distractions if you are doing it in a big space and then try to get on with things but keeping an eye on them as from a distance. Lots of bonding vibes coming your way.

Wise Old Thumper

I agree with tonibun's advice.

I think you will know fairly early on whether it is going to be successful or not. I would also say to go with your gut feeling in how you arrange things. You know your rabbits better than anyone else and will be able to judge how they are coping.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Sending lots of calming bonding vibes your way. Try not to worry because bunnies can pick up on stresses I think. And whatever happens, Toby will always be happy anyway, he’s so well looked after and has such a good setup.

I found lots of herbs and forage helpedfed in a pile in the middle with some hay, my rosemary bush needed pruning and afterwards I read that it has a calming effect on bunnies

I found some wine (in the evening!) helped (me, not the bunnies )

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

If I hadn't of had the issues with Toby and Millie passing away from stasis I wouldn't be as worried. Then if it successful I have to go back to work on Tuesday and I will be so worried about leaving them.

How long would you all supervise before you was happy for them to be on their own? I only have four days?

Bam & Charlie

Warren Veteran

I have to bond on my own so risk leaving them when I pop to the loo. I bond in my bedroom and am a very light sleeper so I always wake up if there is any scuffling overnight. On occasions when I have had to leave them alone for longer than a loo break I have put a temporary divider up for my own piece of mind. That isn't ideal but it has never affected the bonding process and I need to eat!!!

I try to do something while I am sitting in the bedroom - often catch up with TV on the laptop or read. I find if I just sit and look at them I get really stressed and they pick up on it.

I am working two jobs on Friday but could come over on the way to or from my second job just to reassure you if that would help? I start job two at 1600 and finish at 2200 in Winchester. At the moment I am free on Saturday and Sunday and working Monday 0700-1300. I can come over Saturday morning and spend as long with you as you would like. At least then I can relieve you and your hubby so you can cook something and take the dog out. I can probably stay overnight on Friday or Saturday if it helps - will need to check with my neighbour if she can feed my furries but my buns are in her garden anyway so there shouldn't be a problem.

Am off dog walking now (Borrow my Doggy) and then to work but am around later. If you are really worried on Tuesday I could spend some time with them as I am off work at the moment.

All will be well

Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna View Post
    I have to bond on my own so risk leaving them when I pop to the loo. I bond in my bedroom and am a very light sleeper so I always wake up if there is any scuffling overnight. On occasions when I have had to leave them alone for longer than a loo break I have put a temporary divider up for my own piece of mind. That isn't ideal but it has never affected the bonding process and I need to eat!!!

I try to do something while I am sitting in the bedroom - often catch up with TV on the laptop or read. I find if I just sit and look at them I get really stressed and they pick up on it.

I am working two jobs on Friday but could come over on the way to or from my second job just to reassure you if that would help? I start job two at 1600 and finish at 2200 in Winchester. At the moment I am free on Saturday and Sunday and working Monday 0700-1300. I can come over Saturday morning and spend as long with you as you would like. At least then I can relieve you and your hubby so you can cook something and take the dog out. I can probably stay overnight on Friday or Saturday if it helps - will need to check with my neighbour if she can feed my furries but my buns are in her garden anyway so there shouldn't be a problem.

Am off dog walking now (Borrow my Doggy) and then to work but am around later. If you are really worried on Tuesday I could spend some time with them as I am off work at the moment.

All will be well
    Are you talking about this weekend or next (bank holiday?

Bam & Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Sending lots of calming bonding vibes your way. Try not to worry because bunnies can pick up on stresses I think. And whatever happens, Toby will always be happy anyway, hes so well looked after and has such a good setup.

I found lots of herbs and forage helpedfed in a pile in the middle with some hay, my rosemary bush needed pruning and afterwards I read that it has a calming effect on bunnies

I found some wine (in the evening!) helped (me, not the bunnies )
    I was wondering what forage may be calming! Clutching at straws perhaps!

Bam & Charlie

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Are you talking about this weekend or next (bank holiday?

Next weekend - the Bank Holiday weekend

Wise Old Thumper

Apparently Rosemary has a calming effect. You should feel happy about leaving them after 3 days, possibly earlier. I think it's going to be fine. Are they OK with visitors?