Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tui's spay is booked - She's OK :)

Wise Old Thumper

Default Tui's spay is booked - She's OK :)

The rescue had recommended that I wait until the beginning of June before having Tui spayed. However, in the last week she has become very hormonal to the point that the term "sex pest" would not be inappropriate.

She is taking an enormous interest in Tethra's bottom She can be distracted by food or sleep, but otherwise she is attempting to either scent mark or nip his bottom. This produces prolonged circling. It also seems to prompt similar behaviour from Tethra and he is attempting to hump her or indeed sit splayed on top of her. My OH thinks I am worrying unnecessarily and his view is that they are enjoying themselves The atmosphere just seems too tense to me though and I'm concerned that Tethra will get fed up with it, which although unlikely could lead to a fight. Their bond has been developing in a very positive way and to me it would seem silly to take chances. She is also spraying urine and leaving lots of puddles of urine in the run, which by itself I could easily put up with.

So I have booked it with my usual vet for next Tuesday. Tethra will go in with her. I find it scary even though it needs to be done.

Please keep my precious girl in your thoughts.
    Last edited by Omi; 22-05-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    To a bee a flower is the fountain of life, and to the flower the bee is a messenger of love........Kahlil Gibran

Awh thinking of you and Tui, sounds like the right decision to me hope it all goes well for your lovely girl xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

You'll only be just over a week early anyway so it has to be done. Pre-spaying vibes being sent your way. We don't like putting them through it but it will be better in the long run. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    The rescue had recommended that I wait until the beginning of June before having Tui spayed. However, in the last week she has become very hormonal to the point that the term "sex pest" would not be inappropriate.

She is taking an enormous interest in Tethra's bottom She can be distracted by food or sleep, but otherwise she is attempting to either scent mark or nip his bottom. This produces prolonged circling. It also seems to prompt similar behaviour from Tethra and he is attempting to hump her or indeed sit splayed on top of her. My OH thinks I am worrying unnecessarily and his view is that they are enjoying themselves The atmosphere just seems too tense to me though and I'm concerned that Tethra will get fed up with it, which although unlikely could lead to a fight. Their bond has been developing in a very positive way and to me it would seem silly to take chances. She is also spraying urine and leaving lots of puddles of urine in the run, which by itself I could easily put up with.

So I have booked it with my usual vet for next Tuesday. Tethra will go in with her. I find it scary even though it needs to be done.

Please keep my precious girl in your thoughts.
    I totally empathise with your anxiety. You are definitely doing the right thing though as Tui is obviously very hormonal now. I hope that her spay goes as well as Elsa's did. Sending millions of vibes xx

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Lots of vibes for Tui's spay. I remember how nerve wracking it is! It certainly sounds like it needs to be done sooner rather than later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Im sure it will be fine, sending lots of vibes for her op xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Will be thinking of you both. Sounds like the right decision x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Spay vibes for Tui! Xx It sounds like it's definitely time for her spay. They will be much happier when it's all done! How big is she in comparison to tethra now? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

Lots of happy spay recovery vibes coming her way.

Good luck for Tuesday. Xxx