• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and blueberries?

Jaspar0205

Young Bun
Hey, so recently I had gone shopping and got some blueberries for the rabbits along with some other veggies and fruits. Well anyway, the best before date on the blueberries is May 16 2018. Would it be okay to give them some?

Hey, so recently I had gone shopping and got some blueberries for the rabbits along with some other veggies and fruits. Well anyway, the best before date on the blueberries is May 16 2018. Would it be okay to give them some?

I think if you feel the blueberries look OK for you to eat some, I would certainly think they were OK for the rabbits. I consider the best before dates as guidance and would prefer to use my own judgement. The conditions where the fruit has been stored also has an impact.

I agree with omi - our senses are infinitely more reliable than bbe dates. If you'd eat them yourself I would say they are fine for your bunnies

Funny thing is, I hate blueberries so much they actually make me gag so obviously I wouldn't eat them. It shouldn't hurt them to only give them a few right?

Back