• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boyles Pet Housing has ceased trading

Thanks everyone for the advice :) I’ve filed a dispute under ‘item not received’ and have to wait 10 days for the next stage of the dispute process.

Fingers crossed it’s a simple refund on the £400 I’ve paid and I can then start again to look at alternative options for a large rabbit run.

I have 4 rabbits (2 bonded pairs) living in Chartwell double 6ft hutches with the runs permanently attached on concrete. I originally ordered the 12x6x3 foot bespoke run from boyles for the lawn so that it would have a removable separation panel down the middle effectively creating 2 6x6 foot runs for both pairs to be in alongside each other or at other times giving 1 pair the full run of the whole 12 foot run. Was also going to get two runaround tubes to attach to their runs and create free access to each side of the run during the day so that I wouldn’t have to pick them up when moving them to the large run. They aren’t overly keen on being handled so would rather avoid that stress for them. I wanted to offer the buns sand digging pits, tree trunks, hay feeders, toys and wooden furniture (ikea beds) etc inside the run to provide more enrichment for them all.

Obviously my plans have now been put on hold until I can somehow try and find another large run. I like the idea of buying 2 6ft runs and joining them in the middle with a runaround tube but had my heart set on the idea of the buns being able to zoom around the full 12ft space at times. They are such characters and love to fly around the garden at lightening speed so feel a tube in the middle would restrict a lot of that movement.

They do have free reign on the garden but have to be supervised heavily and then bought back from the neighbors garden a fair few times (cheeky monkeys) :lol: we can’t really close off the little escape ares around the garden because we get a lot of hedgehogs visit at night and we love feeding them and watching them roam the garden 🦔

Would so grateful for any advice about alternative companies and/or solutions to my rabbit run dilemma and how I can still offer the buns a large safe area to play and be bunnies 🐰

Last edited:
I have done the same with Paypal, I called them up and they turned the dispute into a claim, if they don't respond to Paypal and pay by 28th then Paypal will pay on the 29th so it should be straight forward.
It's just such a shame as what they were making for me no one else would make it, I had tried several companies but had all said no due to time, cost and it being different to what they do, this one was the only one who would help. Wish I had found them last year!

Hope everyone finds alternatives

I have done the same with Paypal, I called them up and they turned the dispute into a claim, if they don't respond to Paypal and pay by 28th then Paypal will pay on the 29th so it should be straight forward.
It's just such a shame as what they were making for me no one else would make it, I had tried several companies but had all said no due to time, cost and it being different to what they do, this one was the only one who would help. Wish I had found them last year!

Hope everyone finds alternatives

Oh brill, sounds positive. I really hope it’s as straightforward as that. I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes when I read this thread Monday night. Obviously I’m gutted for them as they’ve lost their company but it was only the weekend they were advertising 10% offers on their Instagram page :roll: surly they had an incline of what was about to happen to their business.

I’m sorry you and others have been let down. I myself am gutted to have to be finding alternative companies that I trust to be able to deliver what I really want for the bunnies 🐰 If only pet shops and online retailers understood the welfare requirements of rabbits and the space they really need to live happy lives, maybe then we’d be able to get what we needed at the required sizes easily without having to have things like runs custom made to order :(

Already got a refund that I claimed via my debit card. Waiting to hear about the paypal claim now.

Oh brill, sounds positive. I really hope it’s as straightforward as that. I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes when I read this thread Monday night. Obviously I’m gutted for them as they’ve lost their company but it was only the weekend they were advertising 10% offers on their Instagram page :roll: surly they had an incline of what was about to happen to their business.

I’m sorry you and others have been let down. I myself am gutted to have to be finding alternative companies that I trust to be able to deliver what I really want for the bunnies �� If only pet shops and online retailers understood the welfare requirements of rabbits and the space they really need to live happy lives, maybe then we’d be able to get what we needed at the required sizes easily without having to have things like runs custom made to order :(

This.

I don't know how it all works (ending a business) but obviously we had a poor experience, must be over a year ago now, so I can't say I'm surprised :?

Oh this is so sad. Daniel has been an active member on here for years and has always been so helpful - always willing to advise people looking to build their own setups. I had an aviary from him a couple of years ago and although I had to wait a long time the quality is excellent. I imagine he is gutted to have to let everyone down.

The products are not cheap and I am saddened that even though people are willing to pay for quality, it isn't enough to sustain a business with true good intentions.

I hope everyone gets their money back with no issues.

Oh this is so sad. Daniel has been an active member on here for years and has always been so helpful - always willing to advise people looking to build their own setups. I had an aviary from him a couple of years ago and although I had to wait a long time the quality is excellent. I imagine he is gutted to have to let everyone down.

The products are not cheap and I am saddened that even though people are willing to pay for quality, it isn't enough to sustain a business with true good intentions.

I hope everyone gets their money back with no issues.

I agree it is very sad. I think a lot of it is due to lack of demand. People are still willing to use tiny Ferplast cages then spend a little extra to get their rabbits the right size pen.

And good quality products last a long time especially when well maintained. When I used to buy from P@H (years ago!) I bought a new hutch every year for about 3 years at just over £100 each until I bit the bullet and spend £450 on a lovely hutch which has lasted me 6 years so far and still going strong - therefore not had to spend money on another. I hate seeing people’s businesses go under when they are abiding by standards and have morals :(

Yes, luckily paid for my shed through PayPal (nearly £800), but started a dispute with PAYPAL Submitting what it said on their website and got my money refunded a few days ago. Phew.

Back