• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boyles Pet Housing has ceased trading

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
Thought best to put here as related to housing... just seen this.

dfab02e51d7388716cd4aed1c07b6d7f.jpg

The website has been shut down already.
I feel very sorry for them :(

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just seen that, website is down also their Facebook account. They were advertising special offers this morning.

Feeling really sorry for anyone waiting - usually 4 months - for orders.

What a pity! :cry: I think a lot of people are opting for the playhouse/shed type accommodation, which is better really for bunnies.

So sad. I have ordered an aviary and a summerhouse. Hopefully I can get a refund via paypal.

Was so looking forward to having some of their amazing products ... First the welfare hutch company and now Boyles. A loss to quality pet housing.

Glad I didn't order my run from them now. I contacted him late April, price was fine but is was a 12 week lead time then, only reason I went elsewhere. Such a shame

Sad they've lost their business, but way before all this they took our money and we have nothing to show for it. Luckily it was only for a couple of small accessory items!

Absolutely gutted to read this! Paid £400 for a custom 12 foot run to be made in instalments over 3 months and finished paying it about a month ago. Thought it was strange that I hadn’t heard anything. Does anyone have any experience of contacting PayPal about stuff like this? I would hate to think I’ve lost that much money and the buns have ended up with nothing :(

Absolutely gutted to read this! Paid £400 for a custom 12 foot run to be made in instalments over 3 months and finished paying it about a month ago. Thought it was strange that I hadn’t heard anything. Does anyone have any experience of contacting PayPal about stuff like this? I would hate to think I’ve lost that much money and the buns have ended up with nothing :(

You can start a dispute via paypal (it is the usual way to go about it).

Let me know how you get on with PayPal, I have just put in a dispute, I haven't had the email that was first posted yet.
I was waiting on a large custom designed order which would have been ready soon so am also gutted!!

Just to reassure I had something similar happen with a different aviary company a few years ago. Pay pal were very efficient and I did get my money back fairly quickly. Good luck!

They've gone into administration so there will be no issues getting money back.

I am just worried because on Paypal it says custom orders aren't protected under buyer protection. I'm not sure if it makes a difference because they have gone bust and it's not just me wanting a refund.

I am just worried because on Paypal it says custom orders aren't protected under buyer protection. I'm not sure if it makes a difference because they have gone bust and it's not just me wanting a refund.
It will be protected as they've closed the company.

From your first post it appears that the company is described as being insolvent. This, in my basic understanding of these things, just means that the company has insufficent funds to meet its commitments. It doesn't say there, although it might elsewhere that I haven't seen, that the company has gone into administration.

Also regarding administration I think the safeguards come from the payment method used, not the fact that the company is in administration. As advised from the company (in your first post) I think people should attempt to get their money back via Paypal or cashback.

I'm happy to be told that my understanding is incorrect.

From your first post it appears that the company is described as being insolvent. This, in my basic understanding of these things, just means that the company has insufficent funds to meet its commitments. It doesn't say there, although it might elsewhere that I haven't seen, that the company has gone into administration.

Also regarding administration I think the safeguards come from the payment method used, not the fact that the company is in administration. As advised from the company (in your first post) I think people should attempt to get their money back via Paypal or cashback.

I'm happy to be told that my understanding is incorrect.
I don't know the difference between insolvent and administration. It's all the same meaning to me.

I don't know the difference between insolvent and administration. It's all the same meaning to me.

I have found this http://businessadvice.co.uk/tax-and...cy-liquidation-bankruptcy-and-administration/

I still think that getting money back is going to be via the payment method used, as that provides the guarantee of the funds. If, for example, cash was used to order an aviary, where would the funds come from to repay that money to the customer if the company is insolvent?

Exclusions because of custom orders only relate to usual rights to return under EU distance selling regs. File as not received & you'll get your money back . I'm gutted for you all

Back